Problem with MO:UL update

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Problem with MO:UL update

Postby Afalstein » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Hey.

So, I heard that Cyan released a new update of the Uru Live game, including (to my great relief) a fix on the avatar physics involving the the rocks in Teledan. (SO annoying). I started up my game and it started to download the new patch, only for it to suddenly freeze and declare: "Failed to delete old patcher executable. Access is denied."

Am I doing something wrong? Should I try to delete the patcher myself, or is this a problem others are having? I can't seem to register at the Myst Online Forum, so I thought I'd ask for help here.
Afalstein

Re: Problem with MO:UL update

Postby Deledrius » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:16 pm

If you installed MOULa to a protected location (which is the default) you'll need to run the patcher as Administrator so that it can overwrite itself.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Afalstein » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:43 am

Okay, that worked. Thanks Deledrius. I got on alright and played around for a bit.

Except now I have a NEW problem. I can't get onto Gehn's Shard--everytime I try, it sends me the message "Cannot find Female_garb district" (or something like that.) I figured it was a problem with my MO:UL account, that I didn't have an up-to-date copy of it or something. But I got onto MO:UL alright, only to find that my explorers are missing. I remember the GoMe talking about this, but I forget how they said to fix it. I'll look that up later. The point is, I still can't onto Gehn's Shard, even though I (theoretically) have an up-to-date MOUL now. So what's causing the problem?
Afalstein

Postby Mystler » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:45 am

Sounds like your MOULa client updated to the files from build 918 and the PRPs for that build are required for Gehn too. Try copying your MOULa dat folder to Gehn.
Mystler

Postby Afalstein » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:36 pm

That fixed it. Alsot the MOUL problem seems to have fixed itself. Thanks.
Afalstein

Return to General Discussion