Would it work to set up a DevART account?

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Would it work to set up a DevART account?

Postby Deledrius » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:03 am

Afalstein wrote:Well, hm. Where are the KI images from Gehn's Shard stored? I want to display the pictures I took of the Vothol Gallery in Gehn's Shard (It has some things not in the Deep Island Shard) but I can't find where the pictures I took are stored.

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Uru - Gehn Shard\KIimages
Just paste that into your explorer address bar and you'll be taken right to them. :)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Afalstein » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:38 pm

Pictures of the Vothol Gallery are now up on the DevART page: http://dni-guild-of-writers.deviantart.com/gallery/ Incidentally, as I had no idea as to what the portraits in the Vothol Gallery signified, I made some crazy guesses. Those more in the know are welcome to correct me.
Afalstein

Postby janaba » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:23 am

A very nicely organized gallery already, Afalstein, with the ages beautifully illustrated and commented on, even if that'd be wild guesses ... I like the conveniently provided links to different views of the resp. age below many of the pictures, and there are a few comments by visitors already, so this is drawing more and more attention among the artists ... :P

I don't know who those ladies are supposed to represent and if they're at all taken from the D'ni lore, let's see if somebody else knows or Rustee himself will stumble upon this thread or even your gallery on devART, but they look very beautiful and d'ni-ish and thus fit perfectly into the environment IMO ... :)
janaba

Postby Afalstein » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:17 am

janaba wrote:A very nicely organized gallery already, Afalstein, with the ages beautifully illustrated and commented on, even if that'd be wild guesses ... I like the conveniently provided links to different views of the resp. age below many of the pictures, and there are a few comments by visitors already, so this is drawing more and more attention among the artists ... :P

I don't know who those ladies are supposed to represent and if they're at all taken from the D'ni lore, let's see if somebody else knows or Rustee himself will stumble upon this thread or even your gallery on devART, but they look very beautiful and d'ni-ish and thus fit perfectly into the environment IMO ... :)

I did contact Rustee, both to ask for permission to display the Age and to ask about the portraits. He gave me permission but he never explained the portraits. I agree that they're beautiful, though they look a little postmodern... but then, most of what D'ni art we've seen has been very stylized stain-glass windows, so who knows.

EDIT: I did hear back from Rustee now. He says the Age was initially supposed to be an Age voting Gallery, but eventually evolved into a simple gallery with traditional portraits. He says the portraits have nothing to do with Gehn, and in fact are ALL female. So there went that thought.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look! The links are a bit of a hassle to get together, but I use them because they are very handy, particularly if you found one image in a search and wanted to see the rest. And I do like the fact that it's beginning to gain a following.
Afalstein

Postby Afalstein » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:38 pm

Fehnir's House is now up on the DevART page, complete with comments from Tweek. Take a look. http://dni-guild-of-writers.deviantart.com/gallery/
Afalstein

Postby Deledrius » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:42 pm

Is there a reason the aspect ratio is odd for those? They've all been stretched vertically.

BTW, Fehnir's House is the third fan Age added to Gehn. IIRC, we launched with Vothol Gallery, then added Tre'bivdil, and most recently we added Fehnir's House.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Afalstein » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Deledrius wrote:Is there a reason the aspect ratio is odd for those? They've all been stretched vertically.

BTW, Fehnir's House is the third fan Age added to Gehn. IIRC, we launched with Vothol Gallery, then added Tre'bivdil, and most recently we added Fehnir's House.

Right. And you know, I did know that. I just wasn't thinking when I posted it up, I was just thinking: "second on this DevART page." But excellent point.

Not sure about the aspect ratio... everything in Gehn's Shard looks like that on my computer.
Afalstein

Postby Deledrius » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:58 pm

Afalstein wrote:Not sure about the aspect ratio... everything in Gehn's Shard looks like that on my computer.

It should not look like that. It would appear you're using KI images (you can tell because they're low-quality), which also has a side-effect of squashing the images at your widescreen resolution into horrible little 800x600 images. I would suggest using your system's built-in screencapping abilities if you want nice high-quality screenshots that aren't incorrectly processed, at least until such time as someone has overhauled the KI image system which is still incredibly busted.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Afalstein » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:19 pm

Hm. That just for the Gehn Shard KI Imager, or the MOUL one also?
Afalstein

Postby Deledrius » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:31 pm

Not the imager. The KI images saved on your system. The ones on Gehn are better quality than the ones on MOULa, but the KI does not take a screenshot of what you see. It renders a separate image using reduced quality settings, so I recommend taking a screenshot of your actual game screen and bypassing the KI entirely if you want quality images.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion