Would it work to set up a DevART account?

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Would it work to set up a DevART account?

Postby janaba » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:14 am

Wonderful pictures, Afalstein, of an impressive D'ni environment ... Matthornb is really talented, which is again evident with his new great project of 'Sevkor', and it is great to have the author's development notes and back story along with the images, and the concept art looks awesome too ... Thanks for sharing ... :P

Wow, and I just see that many have seen them already, they also show how many today, and some have put them to their 'Favourites', and one can even see who did that, very nice ... So, your efforts are not in vain ... :)
janaba

Postby Afalstein » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:03 am

janaba wrote:Wonderful pictures, Afalstein, of an impressive D'ni environment ... Matthornb is really talented, which is again evident with his new great project of 'Sevkor', and it is great to have the author's development notes and back story along with the images, and the concept art looks awesome too ... Thanks for sharing ... :P

Wow, and I just see that many have seen them already, they also show how many today, and some have put them to their 'Favourites', and one can even see who did that, very nice ... So, your efforts are not in vain ... :)

It's not a terribly impressive collection of views and favorites, but it's definitely something. And I have connected with various 3D artists who expressed interest in the Guild of Writers. So I think it's starting to catch hold. The problem is, it takes longer than I expected to go through Ages and take pictures of everything, so the update rate is slower than I was planning. But we're slowly making progress.
Afalstein

Postby Afalstein » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Sholek's Temple by Whilyam is now up also. http://dni-guild-of-writers.deviantart.com/gallery/
Afalstein

Postby Jamey » Fri May 30, 2014 8:40 am

janaba wrote:Afalstein, matthornb and Jamey are still active community members, Jonnee left the community and the GoW years ago completely for no obvious reason(s) ... :P

You can write a PM to matthornb on the MOUL forums, maybe he'll be stopping by here and answer to you directly, and here you find Jamey on the MOUL forums as well with an additional link to his website with further contact info posted by Tai'lahr ... I wish you much luck further on, Afalstein, just use the search facilities on our main forums to find some of the authors, many have gone though ... :)

*blows dust off my account*

Sorry to turn this into The Walking Thread, but I figure better late than never ;)

I still lurk everywhere. I may not respond often, but I've got eyes everywhere. :geek: Though I've been out of the loop in terms of what has happened in the past year or so...still trying to catch up a bit.

As for deviantART, I'm actually on there myself, but not for much Uru stuff. I got extremely involved in another community for the past few years, so my art is more geared towards that. (you'll know when you see my page) If you all need help on deviantART for anything Uru related, let me know and I'd be glad to help if I can!

http://jamey4.deviantart.com/

As for Crater Concept, I cannot make changes to it, or any of my other ages anymore for one reason; I no longer use Blender. I moved onto (and majored in) 3DS Max 2014 years ago, and am making things that make my ages look like nothing.

So yes, Afalstein, feel free to use photos from my ages for whatever you all want on your GoW deviantART account. All I ask is that you provide credit in the description with a link back to my profile page on deviantART.

And...Hi everyone! I hope you're all well! :D

*vanishes back into the shadows*
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Afalstein » Fri May 30, 2014 9:36 pm

"Tre'bivdil" is now up on the DevART page. http://dni-guild-of-writers.deviantart.com/gallery/

Jamey wrote:
janaba wrote:Afalstein, matthornb and Jamey are still active community members, Jonnee left the community and the GoW years ago completely for no obvious reason(s) ... :P

You can write a PM to matthornb on the MOUL forums, maybe he'll be stopping by here and answer to you directly, and here you find Jamey on the MOUL forums as well with an additional link to his website with further contact info posted by Tai'lahr ... I wish you much luck further on, Afalstein, just use the search facilities on our main forums to find some of the authors, many have gone though ... :)

*blows dust off my account*

Sorry to turn this into The Walking Thread, but I figure better late than never ;)

I still lurk everywhere. I may not respond often, but I've got eyes everywhere. :geek: Though I've been out of the loop in terms of what has happened in the past year or so...still trying to catch up a bit.

As for deviantART, I'm actually on there myself, but not for much Uru stuff. I got extremely involved in another community for the past few years, so my art is more geared towards that. (you'll know when you see my page) If you all need help on deviantART for anything Uru related, let me know and I'd be glad to help if I can!

http://jamey4.deviantart.com/

As for Crater Concept, I cannot make changes to it, or any of my other ages anymore for one reason; I no longer use Blender. I moved onto (and majored in) 3DS Max 2014 years ago, and am making things that make my ages look like nothing.

So yes, Afalstein, feel free to use photos from my ages for whatever you all want on your GoW deviantART account. All I ask is that you provide credit in the description with a link back to my profile page on deviantART.

And...Hi everyone! I hope you're all well! :D

*vanishes back into the shadows*

Many thanks, Jamey! I'll get working on that. I think I may have forgotten about contacting you on MOUL after I talked to matthornb. But now that we've touched base, I can get started on posting those pics in earnest. Just a few points to clear up first...
Afalstein

Postby janaba » Sat May 31, 2014 3:08 am

This is a great presentation of an age not very easily to describe and illustrate, Afalstein, as for the lack of inviting or warm atmosphere and obvious purpose ... Those are absolutely beautiful views and perspectives of this age of Tre'bivdil, the best I've seen so far with nice descriptions, of which this one describes it the best

The tree cube is the highest in the Age, and gives you a good idea of the full layout to all the cubes. As you can see, it is indeed a "place of everything," where all manners of places and textures are represented. Lontahv says: "I wrote it for a small age competition feeling that if I included lots of small elements of high quality, that would be better than a single theme. It's meant to be a kind of artificial museum-in character." As one of the earliest featured fan Ages, it was important to show everything that could be done through "Writing."

and thus honoring the creator and revealing the real purpose as a work of art to be inspired by ... Excellent ... :P
janaba

Postby kaeebonrai » Sat May 31, 2014 4:05 am

Well, as a note, Jamey, 3dsmax, although only 32-bit versions of 3dsmax is now a fairly supported export path. Funny how so many of us are re-surfacing. =P
kaeebonrai

Postby Chacal » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:14 am

Someone called?
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Afalstein » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:10 pm

And another one! I personally am very excited to see all you veterans coming back, it makes me feel like this is a very special time for the Uru community.

Also: Jamey's "Crater Concept" Age is now up on the DevART page. http://dni-guild-of-writers.deviantart.com/gallery/
Afalstein

Postby Jamey » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:39 am

Afalstein wrote:And another one! I personally am very excited to see all you veterans coming back, it makes me feel like this is a very special time for the Uru community.

Also: Jamey's "Crater Concept" Age is now up on the DevART page. http://dni-guild-of-writers.deviantart.com/gallery/

I think Sh'aeri from TCT put it best; "Cavern Blood Runs Deep"

And screenshots look great! :D Well done and thanks again Afalstein!
KI#46415
Jamey

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion