How exactly will Ahra Pahts work?

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Postby D'eux » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:26 am

I do apologise if this subject has already been discussed to death elsewhere and I couldn't find the thread... but you see, I'm new here :)

How exactly will Ahra Pahts work as a concept becoming reality?

- Is it just a single player 'Age', where the initial city is downloaded and each Shell that is released by its residents is then downloaded seperately and added to an expanding list in our local URU folder. We then explore these alone.

- Or is it to be a multiplayer enviroment to be set live completely seperate to URU Live/Myst Online or are we all potentially building a city and shells that will be ported (hopefully) over for use with URU Live/Myst Online?

I'm just trying to understand how this project will be best enjoyed by all.

Thanks,

-: D'eux :-
| Ki# 4586709 | Book of D'eux |
D'eux

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:48 am

Welcome, D'eux!

Note that in general all fan created ages currently will only work in the standalone version of Uru (i.e. URU: Ages Beyond Myst). There currently is no plan for incorporating fan-created ages into Myst Online: Uru Live, but Cyan has acknowledged our desire to do so, and will come up with something later on in 2007.

There are ways to have the fan created ages available in a multiplayer version of Uru - see this link for more details:

http://alcugs.almlys.org/wiki/index.php/Playing_Ages
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby D'eux » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:07 pm

Thanks Robert for the explanation and the welcome.

I joined the Alcugs forums a few days ago and was reading through the Wiki about building Ages and running them. I had sort of assumed that all user content/Ages would be single player. Great news that multiplayer is possible, albeit in a limited fashion.

I'm sure Cyan will accommodate the Myst community to a great degree and it would be fantastic to see Ahra Pahts full populated in a multiplayer environment.

Cheers,

-: D'eux :-
| Ki# 4586709 | Book of D'eux |
D'eux

Postby Aloys » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:16 pm

It would indeed be great. But at this so much is unknown that it's hard to say what the future holds... I've always wanted Ahra filled with lots of people but it might stay a solitary experience for some more months.. :/
Aloys

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:11 pm

[quote="Aloys"] But at this so much is unknown that it's hard to say what the future holds...

Funny you should mention that, Aloys!

We have an opportunity to define what the future is for fan-created ages in Uru Live - see this thread:

http://agebuilders.vofd.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=428
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Return to General Discussion