Eders Tsogal and Delin

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Eders Tsogal and Delin

Postby cskid13 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:30 am

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but I would like to convert Eder Tsogal and Eder Delin to make an add-on (kind of) to Myst Uru: Complete Chronicles. Basically what I mean is updating the files so that they work in Complete Chronicles, then making an installer that would just unzip the necessary files and copy them to the correct locations. I don't know if this would be too difficult, though. Any thoughts?
cskid13

Re: Eders Tsogal and Delin

Postby diafero » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:23 pm

I fear you are several years too late ;-)
Using Drizzle and the Offline KI, you can convert all the new ages from MO:UL to Uru:CC, and they will be (almost) completely functional, even in multiplayer mode as you can see, e.g., on DI Shard.
Also see http://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/Driz ... conversion
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby cskid13 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:40 pm

I know about converting them that way, but the code is not completely correct, and I would like to package them as an add-on to the original game, where they are completely functional. Is it possible to convert them with Drizzle, then go from there?
cskid13

Postby Sirius » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:34 am

The code IS correct. Diafero even tweaked it not so long ago to fix any remaining issue for both on- and off-line versions ;) .
The only issue left is the grass not moving in the wind, but that's a feature from MOUL that can't work on CC (well, someone could make an animation for the grass, but that would be a huge amount of work).

I don't understand why you want to make such add-on, when people who developed the Offline-KI and Drizzle made it so easy to get ALL Ages + Fan-Ages ? Currently, you need to download Drizzle, click 2 or 3 buttons to start the conversion, then use Drizzle to download the OKI. That's what 99.9% users already do.
Plus these Ages are available on most Shard, be it MOULa or DI and Gehn.
The only advantage is you wouldn't require MOUL to be installed in order for it to work (however, releasing them would require an authorization from Cyan).

If you really want to make an add-on, you'll need to convert the files with Drizzle, and find any related file (PRP, Age, Fni, Sum, SDL + the sound files in the SFX folder). Then, you need to download the Python files used in the Offline-KI to package them in a .pak.
Finally, you must find a way to add these books to the bookshelf or to an existing Age, which is the hardest part :( .
Sirius

Postby cskid13 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:09 pm

Sirius wrote:The code IS correct. Diafero even tweaked it not so long ago to fix any remaining issue for both on- and off-line versions ;) .
The only issue left is the grass not moving in the wind, but that's a feature from MOUL that can't work on CC (well, someone could make an animation for the grass, but that would be a huge amount of work).

I don't understand why you want to make such add-on, when people who developed the Offline-KI and Drizzle made it so easy to get ALL Ages + Fan-Ages ? Currently, you need to download Drizzle, click 2 or 3 buttons to start the conversion, then use Drizzle to download the OKI. That's what 99.9% users already do.
Plus these Ages are available on most Shard, be it MOULa or DI and Gehn.
The only advantage is you wouldn't require MOUL to be installed in order for it to work (however, releasing them would require an authorization from Cyan).

If you really want to make an add-on, you'll need to convert the files with Drizzle, and find any related file (PRP, Age, Fni, Sum, SDL + the sound files in the SFX folder). Then, you need to download the Python files used in the Offline-KI to package them in a .pak.
Finally, you must find a way to add these books to the bookshelf or to an existing Age, which is the hardest part :( .

I wanted it as an add-on because of people who don't want to install the Offline KI, Drizzle, and MOUL. However, it could be very difficult, so I may not attempt it after all.
cskid13

Postby tachzusamm » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Just as a note: There's no need to do a full-quote if you only repond to a single passage.
And mostly it's not even necessary to quote, if you directly post under the message you refer to.
tachzusamm

Return to General Discussion