D'ni Imager Improvements

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: D'ni Imager Improvements

Postby Nev'yn » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:24 pm

I can help with that info...Irissa, GoMe's short-lived Event Coordinator kept track of that sorta info:

Irissa wrote:Ki Journal Pages, Hood/Bevin Imagers and Pub Imagers all have different space restrictions. See below:

* KI Mail character and row restrictions: 66 characters by 45 lines
* Bevin Imager character and row restrictions: 44 characters by 16 lines
* Guild Pub Imager character and row restrictions: 44 characters by 16 lines

(/salute)

Edit: Just noticed there was a post while a composed this....Thanks for your hard work so far, by and by!
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Re: D'ni Imager Improvements

Postby johnsojc » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:27 pm

Since there is no corner distortion in the Guild Pub imagers, I was able to max out the display to 69 chars by 25 rows (+ the 3 header rows). A more practical size is 68 chars by 24 rows. The script can be modified to only post the larger format on the Pub imagers just like I did for the number of slots available in the imagers.

I still want to see if I can get the script to delete the oldest post instead of the first post it finds. I also want to see if I can determine why the order of display changes from the time you upload to the imager and then look later... I loaded 15 images into a pub imager and it displayed 1-15. When I came back later it was displaying them in reverse order... 15-1. :?:

CAVEAT: Please be aware that none of my little code twiddles are guaranteed to ever become part of the master branch of the GoW project. They are merely proof of concept test cases (and my own little learn Python the hard way method).
johnsojc

Previous

Return to General Discussion