Seltani: Rearranging the gallery

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Seltani: Rearranging the gallery

Postby Pavitra » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:35 am

gentext.display('test.', True) returns ['Test..'] instead of ['Test.'] I'm not 100% sure this is wrong, but I thought cooked mode was supposed to be smart about double punctuation.
Have Ages, and link to them without bindings. [Words 1:13]
Seltani
Pavitra

Postby belford » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Reasonable question.

It's only a little smart. :) It accounts for punctuation and capital letters that are generated through its own tokens (STOP, etc). It does *not* check your strings to see if you've included your own punctuation or capitalization.
belford

Postby Pavitra » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:50 pm

In realm.instancepane, [[location()==None]] is True, but [[player==None]] is False. If they were both True, I'd infer that instancepane ran in sched-like context, but as it is I have no idea what's going on.
Seltani
Pavitra

Postby Pavitra » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:52 am

House of Many Things is released. I plan to expand it on a fixed weekly schedule, to encourage people to tune in.
Seltani
Pavitra

Postby belford » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:18 pm

In realm.instancepane, [[location()==None]] is True, but [[player==None]] is False.

Yeah. My notion was that the instancepane is realm-wide, so it shouldn't execute in a location context.

However, it winds up looking inconsistent, I guess. There's no reason for location() to be different from location(player). I'll poke at that.

(Congrats on Age release!)
belford

Postby belford » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:21 pm

If you've been having trouble connecting to Seltani because of a web proxy, you can now try this alternate address: https://seltani.net/ . The HTTPS protocol should bypass proxies.

The SSL certificate causes Firefox to cough up a warning about "unknown issuer". I'm using a free cert service, and I guess Firefox isn't entirely happy about that. It works if you accept the cert (add an exception about it in the warning dialog). Chrome and Safari don't complain.
belford

Postby Pavitra » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:37 pm

Personally I feel that code should generally execute with as much context as possible. (There was some talk a while back about scheduled code inheriting the context it was scheduled from, for example.)
Seltani
Pavitra

Postby belford » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:30 pm

There's no reason for location() to be different from location(player). I'll poke at that.

I poked at it, but unfortunately I ran into hidden assumptions in my code. If I make this change right now, it will cause more bugs than it fixes.

I will try to untangle this eventually.
belford

Postby belford » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:31 pm

The "global-always" and "personal-always" labels are now in place. (I'm trying to emphasize that these are, from a new player's point of view, just like "global" and "personal" but with a bit more information.)

I've also tweaked the build interface: the menu bar on the build pages should now stick on-screen, even when you scroll down.

(Hm. Results on iPad are imperfect. I should have tested that first, oh well.)
belford

Postby belford » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:57 pm

I've added a notification feature. Look in the preferences pane.

(It's very simple right now.)
belford

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion