Nexus Mods opens up to all

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Nexus Mods opens up to all

Postby Yali » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:35 am

http://www.nexusmods.com/games/?

Being the Elder Scrolls fan that I am, I noticed last night that Nexus Mods is now open to all PC games. It might be a good idea to host some Myst/Uru stuff there. It would get a lot of visibility. Plus, I felt kind of sad when I searched Myst and found "no results". We still exist dammit! :lol:

Just a thought.
Yali

Re: Nexus Mods opens up to all

Postby Sirius » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:07 am

Problem is, we don't really have "mods" around here. We do have fan-Ages, but these are easier to download and install with Drizzle.

However, this could be interesting for small modifications, such as texture replacements, or Chacal's city mod (they are often lost in the amount of topics here). But once again, we don't have a lot of them :/
Sirius

Re: Nexus Mods opens up to all

Postby Yali » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:02 pm

Just a question...

I've been making some D'ni models and was wondering about the use of Cyan's textures? I used some modified Cyan textures and one or two originals and am wondering about the legal ramifications. I was thinking of uploading them as a resource. Do they care? I know with TES modding they don't like redistributing physical assets cross game but for textures I'm not so sure. Of course I would credit them, but I'm unsure about the legal details.
Yali

Return to General Discussion