Custom Clothing Items (and other stuff...)

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Custom Clothing Items (and other stuff...)

Postby Nev'yn » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:11 pm

I know this is a bit of a sore topic over at the Moula forums...and i have no interest in rehashing it here.

I was just wonderin' as we're working on new and improved pubs....er, uh...Neither, GoW or GoMe ever recieved custom shirts live the GoG members.

Any thoughts on rectifying this?

Edit: And what about variations on existing items? I wear my ballcap backwards in RL, it drives me nuts there is no option for this in Uru.
Last edited by Nev'yn on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Re: Custom Shirts

Postby GPNMilano » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:07 pm

The custom GoG shirts were implemented I believe back in Prologue. I think the five guild shirts were reasonably supposed to make the GoG shirts obsolete. However if a Guild does want their own custom shirt like the GoG's have I'd be more than happy to make one. The custom shirts for example could be available only to Guild Leaders, while the Five Kirel shirts could be available to regular Guild Members that wish to join a guild.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Re: Custom Clothing Items

Postby Doobes » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:33 pm

Eh, while I'd love my own shirt design, I'd rather everyone have the choice of wearing it too...even if it has a big, fat "GOME GM" on it. Fair's fair after all. ;)

I'd love to see variants on the current Guild shirts. A bunch of 'em if they're decent and easy to add to the game. Could be fun incorporating designs from fans. Another small way people can contribute (AND hopefully won't violate copyright if we stick to the in-game logos).
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Afalstein » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:28 pm

Are there any issues with fan-made shirts? Like, legal issues?
Afalstein

Postby Deledrius » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:52 pm

Speaking only for myself, I'd love to see more clothing options on Gehn.

Afalstein wrote:Are there any issues with fan-made shirts? Like, legal issues?

Only if they contain images or words that would infringe due to copyright/trademark laws.

Original works pose no problem.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Nev'yn » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:31 pm

Bump: So can new/expanded inventory items be added to the wardrobe? (Assuming there was someone interested in creating/modeling them?)
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Postby Rhee » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:04 am

/me is still dreaming if a maternity shirt with "Future Myst Fan" and an arrow on it :D

I've often wanted to do this kind of thing, but unless there have been new tools generated that I am unaware of, the clothing files must be built in 3ds max, which I dont have access to myself.
MOULa 2.0: Rhee - 1544785 Gehn Shard: Rhee - 16214

No bahro were harmed or enslaved in the making of this Age.
Rhee

Postby GPNMilano » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:38 am

Nev'yn wrote:Bump: So can new/expanded inventory items be added to the wardrobe? (Assuming there was someone interested in creating/modeling them?)

I don't see why not. If Hoikas and the team want me to send them the files for the new items that are going to show up on MOULa I'd be more than happy too. And if they want clothing specific for Gehn I'd be okay with making that too. No one from Gehn has asked me for them so I just assumed they were waiting on MOULa to be updated with them.

Edit: The great thing about clothing, is that its a collectible item. Which means if the devs want to add fan clothing to Gehn, they can be acquired in fan ages, or with an additional prp to Cyan ages rather than the clothing just popping up in the closet without being collected. At the moment this isn't possible in MOULa because the fan ages aren't available yet so by default the clothing shows up in the closet.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Afalstein » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:59 am

Interesting. If fan-made shirts have none of the legal issues associated with fan-made Ages, this could be a ripe field for development. I'll bet lots of Explorers would love a bit more diversity in their clothing... Rhee's "future Myst fan" shirt idea is just one example of this. I know other communities have built up whole economies over the sale of virtual clothing. Uru is probably too small a community for that to work here, but it's something I can still see being very popular. And, as GPNMilano points out, fan shirts could add a real appeal to the fan Ages if they're ever added to MOUL.
Afalstein

Postby Nev'yn » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:37 am

GPNMilano wrote: Edit: The great thing about clothing, is that its a collectible item. Which means if the devs want to add fan clothing to Gehn, they can be acquired in fan ages, or with an additional prp to Cyan ages rather than the clothing just popping up in the closet without being collected. At the moment this isn't possible in MOULa because the fan ages aren't available yet so by default the clothing shows up in the closet.

So, wait...in theroy...if Doobes modeled and created a backwards ballcap, it could "accidently" be left in the GoMe pub to be collected?
Nev'yn

Next

Return to General Discussion