Custom Clothing Items (and other stuff...)

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Custom Clothing Items (and other stuff...)

Postby Nev'yn » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:03 pm

Right now, I'm just searching for the ways we can make Ages more interactive. Reading journals and having pretty rooms is nice and all, but....

Well, the avi animation list is kinda small. And short of kicking more rocks around, we're either now animating interactive objects (complex), or dealing with age state changes (simple point/click interaction). Personally, i think a combination of the two is the way to go, but I'm mainly in the Age concept/design.

The GoW team are more the ones for implementaion and making it actually work. In this area, you all point, and I'll work to design puzzles and ideas for interactive ages within the limits of the engine and the scope of what you tell me we can reasonably accomplish.
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Postby Deledrius » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:49 pm

Nev'yn wrote:Well, the avi animation list is kinda small. And short of kicking more rocks around, we're either now animating interactive objects (complex), or dealing with age state changes (simple point/click interaction). Personally, i think a combination of the two is the way to go, but I'm mainly in the Age concept/design.

Well you can add Age-specific new animations, for instance if you have a new kind of lever/button/etc... but I suspect most people left around here aren't experienced character animators.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Rhee » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:31 pm

Deledrius wrote:
Nev'yn wrote:Well, the avi animation list is kinda small. And short of kicking more rocks around, we're either now animating interactive objects (complex), or dealing with age state changes (simple point/click interaction). Personally, i think a combination of the two is the way to go, but I'm mainly in the Age concept/design.

Well you can add Age-specific new animations, for instance if you have a new kind of lever/button/etc... but I suspect most people left around here aren't experienced character animators.

Not to mention that probably HAS to be animated in Max, right? Which limits it even more :(
MOULa 2.0: Rhee - 1544785 Gehn Shard: Rhee - 16214

No bahro were harmed or enslaved in the making of this Age.
Rhee

Previous

Return to General Discussion