Re: Fan Ages

Postby Acorn » Wed May 21, 2014 1:09 pm

Thanks, Dulcamara! :D
Acorn

Postby Annabelle » Wed May 21, 2014 5:29 pm

Acorn wrote:There is a more official exit from those Elodea rooms

Really? :lol: ;)

That's funny because that's exactly how I exited the first time. I was up the cliff and I touched the cloth, Dulcamara asked me what was the cloth I had just touched I said to her, the one up the cliff and she then asked me how I'd gotten there, I said through the window. For me, it was "The way". I learnt long after there was a ladder hidden somewhere... :lol:

janaba wrote:Also try the other link to R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn, which is also very beautiful and with puzzles and interactions etc. ...

The etc is very important :) . You'll encounter a lot of nice animals. They might play an important role... ;)

Dulcamara wrote:AlabastersDephts and AlabastersSanctuary

It looks like we will get 3 new ages to visit shortly... Alabaster, Alabaster's Depths, & Alabaster's Sanctuary :D
And also, a renewed Elodea (the upper part)

I can't wait!

p.s. If you can still change the age name, the correct naming would be Alabaster's Depths (in game it would be AlabastersDepths) but it might just be a typo from your part so don't mind my remark if it doesn't apply :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Deledrius » Wed May 21, 2014 9:28 pm

Annabelle wrote:That's funny because that's exactly how I exited the first time. I was up the cliff and I touched the cloth, Dulcamara asked me what was the cloth I had just touched I said to her, the one up the cliff and she then asked me how I'd gotten there, I said through the window. For me, it was "The way". I learnt long after there was a ladder hidden somewhere...

I exited through the window too, because the level design is made to showcase it as the only exit. The intended "real" exit is hidden with a button that is inexplicably the same color value, lighting, and texture as the surrounding wall making it lost in the sea of stone, with no indication that the player might even look for it, let alone that it exists. ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Dulcamara » Thu May 22, 2014 5:20 am

The intended "real" exit is hidden with a button that is inexplicably the same color value, lighting, and texture as the surrounding wall making it lost in the sea of stone, with no indication that the player might even look for it, let alone that it exists.

Yes you're absolutely right Deledrius. :lol:
Only, that even at this time i did not know the output from the window. :o
I had never tried it. :shock:
So I assumed if there is no other way out is to scour the walls ........ and find the little hand on the button.
Now I know it better and I think in the update the last Explorer will find this button right away :lol:
Dulcamara

Postby janaba » Thu May 22, 2014 5:51 am

Dulcamara wrote:
The intended "real" exit is hidden with a button that is inexplicably the same color value, lighting, and texture as the surrounding wall making it lost in the sea of stone, with no indication that the player might even look for it, let alone that it exists.
Yes you're absolutely right Deledrius. :lol:
Only, that even at this time i did not know the output from the window. :o
I had never tried it. :shock:
So I assumed if there is no other way out is to scour the walls ........ and find the little hand on the button.
Now I know it better and I think in the update the last Explorer will find this button right away :lol:

Same here Dulcamara ... I didn't want to say this, but as you've mentioned this now already lol ... I'd never think of having to jump out of a window with much effort to proceed in a world lol, but I also think that despite this button being nicely hidden in the wall texture it is nevertheless not too difficult to make out, as you've said, it has a blue hand on it and the button itself is so big, in depth and it is bigger than the avatar's body in diameter, and it is located not far from that pole delivering your welcome message ... :P
janaba

Postby Acorn » Thu May 22, 2014 10:14 am

When I played, I found the button first, and then jumped out of the window at a later visit. But I think it's good discipline for the player to hunt for the button, because you need to develop these skills for later in the game! Don't simplify this first challenge too much, Dulcamara, or they'll never get through to the end!
Acorn

Postby dendwaler » Thu May 22, 2014 1:47 pm

Haha, i found the window as exit in the first second i arrived there, never knew there was something else.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Seppolo » Sat May 24, 2014 6:43 am

I'm looking forward to it. :D
„Myst will never forgotten“

Seppolo

Postby diafero » Sun May 25, 2014 8:43 am

The fan ages are done by volunteers among the explorer community. Those ages have been created for quite some years, the UAM download manager gives the date "December 3rd, 2008" as the starting date for a lot of ages. You can expect these ages to be older than that date.
Indeed, ages with that date are the ages Dustin added initially when we re-launched UAM. We didn't have accurate date information for many of them. IIRC, the oldest one is either "The Maze" or "First Age of Dustin", I think both are from 2005 or 2006.

I went Adreal via the three open linking books in the DRC office alcove. The ages look nice but there does not seem there is much to do except walk around.
You should look a little closer, Adrael has a lot more to offer :)

Also, if I didn't mention an age, that was not meant to exclude it - either I forgot to list it, or I just didn't play it (recently, I usually don't have the time to play the ages I upload).
For example, I forgot Ahra Pahts - not only is it large, it also contains at least two shells with interesting puzzles.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion