Gehn Shard and General Project Requests

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Gehn Shard and General Project Requests

Postby cskid13 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:23 pm

I am good at coming up with ideas for projects, but I never actually have the skill to do them myself. Yes, I'm learning when I have time, but I usually don't have time. So that is the purpose of this thread: anyone can post their ideas that they can't actually do themselves but would like to see done. That way people who have skills and time but not ideas have something to do, and the thread can also make new collaborations easier. In short, this is kind of similar to a Github-like request system.

First, I think it would be interesting and would fit very well to make a new updated Writers Pub for Gehn Shard, similar to the Messengers one.
cskid13

Re: Gehn Shard and General Project Requests

Postby Doobes » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:35 pm

cskid13 wrote:First, I think it would be interesting and would fit very well to make a new updated Writers Pub for Gehn Shard, similar to the Messengers one.

AHEM...funny you should mention that...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6093&p=66532#p66532

;)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Nev'yn » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:20 pm

As for the GoCart....(hmm, think I'll stick to GoC from now on)...

...I have an idea for an "Age View" cafe, where the small side rooms hold static imagers plus displays with artefacts and relics from various Ages...

...Sadly, I doubt anything will ever come from the idea and I'm further hesitent to interject my ideas for another pub onto the community. Still perhaps somebody may take a fancy to the idea and do something with it.
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Postby Annabelle » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:35 am

There will be a new GoW's pub. Tweek is working on this project ATM. From what I've seen so far the new GoW's pub will be very splendid although completely different from the GoMe's pub.

And this is something good. I wouldn't like to see 5 guilds' pubs looking all the same, it would be just a pity. For the 3 others guilds' pubs, I don't foresee any renewal projects in the future. 2 out of 5 is really nice :)

As Doobes posted... :lol: follow the link
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby cskid13 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:09 pm

Annabelle wrote:And this is something good. I wouldn't like to see 5 guilds' pubs looking all the same, it would be just a pity. For the 3 others guilds' pubs, I don't foresee any renewal projects in the future. 2 out of 5 is really nice :)

If any of them will be restored, it will be the Cartographers Pub, and I'll do it. Actually, I am doing that now. I'm gonna have to try really hard to make it even close to as good as the others, though. I'll post concept art when it's ready.
cskid13

Postby kaeebonrai » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:14 pm

The cartographers are dead, so why bother?
kaeebonrai

Postby Doobes » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:04 pm

kaeebonrai wrote:The cartographers are dead, so why bother?

Like with any Age building project: for a challenge. ;)

A GoC Pub could be neat if done right. And having all five Pubs revamped speaks to the completionist in me. :P

However, input from the Guild (whatever it may be currently) would be ideal since it IS their Pub. *shrugs*
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby kaeebonrai » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:15 pm

The GoC is one person who historically views this Guild as a Guild of griefers. >.>

One person that I've never actually seen produce a map herself - but lots and lots of talk =P Anyone that produced maps does not appear to be active in that Guild anymore. =P

So good luck getting useful input. >.<
kaeebonrai

Postby Ehren » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:39 pm

kaeebonrai wrote:The cartographers are dead, so why bother?

So? Regardless of how alive any of them are in the Uru community, the guilds are still a part of D'ni's history and an ancient guild area designed as being made by them could be as cool as any other D'ni location one could design. I don't think anyone would turn down a cool new unique looking place.

I will say, though, that the guild shirt system is a shame since you'd have to keep changing clothes whenever you wanted to visit a different D'ni Pub.

So my general project suggestion would be:

A simple garden age with link books to all the D'ni guild pubs (to serve as a pub nexus). The book to the garden age itself could perhaps be put in Kirel's equivalent of the Delin/Tsogal book stand. From that garden you could then link to any guild area no matter what, if any, guild shirt you had.
Ehren

Postby kaeebonrai » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:42 pm

There were far, far more than just 5 Guilds in D'ni, by that logic, so why not make one for all of them? Why just focus on the 5 we have pubs for?

http://drcsite.org/dnifaq.php <-- look at how many Guilds there were =P

EDIT: Guild of Ink-Makers... Guild of Books, or the Archivists.. or, hell, the Guild of /mechanists/, all of those sounds pretty fucking cool. XD If the line is "its a classical D'ni Guild" there's cooler stuff than the cartographers out there =P

EDIT2: The Stone-Masons would probably have a cool pub, too - showing off their mastery of stonework =P

EDIT3: re: an Age-View cafe, with relics, wouldn't that be a Linguist.. or Archivist thing? Hell, possibly even the Surveyors?
kaeebonrai

Next

Return to General Discussion