So where's the horse?????

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

So where's the horse?????

Postby hhhenry » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:23 pm

On the viewer's in Kaelis Pub Office there's a forest scene with a horse?? or unicorn?? standing in open woods. Where the heck is that????????
BTW, some really great pictures on those viewers!
hhhenry

Re: So where's the horse?????

Postby kaeebonrai » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:11 pm

XD sounds like someone uploaded some ki-shots of the crowthistle content to the Images in the pub. =P

Those images are entirely user postable =)
kaeebonrai

Postby Annabelle » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:06 pm

The horse is located in "The Great Marsh", a Crowthistle age :) .

Kae built the pub office age. She made the imager customable as she stated. You can put images on the big rotating imager and on the small imager on the side wall.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby hhhenry » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:40 am

kaeebonrai wrote:XD sounds like someone uploaded some ki-shots of the crowthistle content to the Images in the pub. =P

There are no horses in Crowthistle. An empty swamp village and an empty town perched on a cliff.
hhhenry

Postby Deledrius » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:10 am

hhhenry wrote:
kaeebonrai wrote:XD sounds like someone uploaded some ki-shots of the crowthistle content to the Images in the pub. =P

There are no horses in Crowthistle. An empty swamp village and an empty town perched on a cliff.

There are more things to see than you've noticed. ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby hhhenry » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Deledrius wrote:
hhhenry wrote:

There are more things to see than you've noticed. ;)

So I found the horse, two horses and a woman, but you have to have /flymode to get off the path so it's only available UAM offline or to someone with admin privileges, not ordinary folks like me. Unless there is a way to walk thru the invisible walls that hold you to the path.
hhhenry

Postby Deledrius » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:05 pm

hhhenry wrote:
So I found the horse, two horses and a woman, but you have to have /flymode to get off the path so it's only available UAM offline or to someone with admin privileges, not ordinary folks like me. Unless there is a way to walk thru the invisible walls that hold you to the path.

You don't need to use flymode, you just need patience. But perhaps that's not ordinary enough? ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Ainia » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:25 am

Hmm, out of the several animations in Crowthistle, I've found the balloon in town and the "tip-toes" lady in the swamp work fine in the DI port. But (unless I'm missing something), the only way I've seen the gnome in town and the horses in the swamp to work is when viewing Crowthistle as a standalone "game".

Has somebody figured out how to get those animations working in DI after all?
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Sirius » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:04 am

Actually, horses, birds and the small woman (which is called a trow wife) don't work in the Uru version. So if you're playing on DI, you can wait as long as you want to, you won't see them. They are only available in the Crowthistle demo.

Such topic tends to get lost in the amount of threads on this forum, but I published a fix for a few things for the Uru version (edit: don't forget to scroll down to D'Lanor's post, he also found a way to increase performances). It fixes the horses, the birds and maybe another thing or two. The trow wife, though, still doesn't work, nor the reflective water, etc. It wasn't added to DI because it requires the user to manually edit the Drizzled version of the files, which would be really tedious to get to the Ages.

More or less related, there is a way to play Crowthistle in hi-rez.
Sirius

Postby Annabelle » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:15 am

Sirius wrote:Actually, horses, birds and the small woman (which is called a trow wife) don't work in the Uru version.

A small woman ?!? A trow wife ?!? I wonder if you are talking about the gigantic faery-like woman walking gracefully on the tip of her toes. Trow is more goblin or troll to me :lol:

Nevertheless, you can easily exit the normal grounds in DI using the "/jump" command. As I explained already numerous times, you have to:

1) type "/jump XX" where XX represents a number (will be d'ni feet equivalent to human feet at avatar's size)
2) hold your mouse button to either walk or run (this action can be done for as quick as a split sec)
3) hit the "ENTER" key to activate the command "/jump" of 1)

You'll do a parabolic jump that will get you out of the normal grounds. The area outside the normal grounds is quite extensive and follow the landscape (not the houses) so YES you can walk in the forest but on the other hand you'll walk through some elements like walls.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Next

Return to General Discussion