So where's the horse?????

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: So where's the horse?????

Postby Sirius » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:05 am

Annabelle wrote:A small woman ?!? A trow wife ?!? I wonder if you are talking about the gigantic faery-like woman walking gracefully on the tip of her toes. Trow is more goblin or troll to me :lol:
Ahww, right, THAT woman. Actually, I never noticed her ! I took a look and found her at once (why didn't I ever notice) ? From the game files, it seems her name is Grugach (lovely).
I thought you were talking about the small creature in Rowan Green (the mountain Age), which is referenced as a trow wife (and is indeed much smaller).

Yeah, Grugach will continue walking fine in Uru, because she doesn't need any kind of Python controller. Unlike the trow wife and water horses. By the way: if going out of bounds to have a closer look at the water horses, make sure to *not* climb on their back, no matter how pretty they look. Unless you'd like to end up all soaked in the marsh's waters because of one of them ;)
unseelie creatures...

Anyway, another fact: you can see Yeesha, Atrus and another guy in the sky baloon...
Sirius

Postby Karkadann » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:12 am

Pictures of SeaBiscuit's cousin SwampBiscuit.

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby kaeebonrai » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:59 pm

because that's not a horse - its a Kelpie, i believe. =P or at least some form of "water "horse"" =P
kaeebonrai

Postby hhhenry » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:09 pm

I finally got in with a /jump 100 and a mouse push. The Grugach might be another name for Jewel, the protagonist.
And I found the people in the balloon (in the UAM offline) and I reinstalled the actual Crowthistle. Now, got the horses, where in Guilder's Green is the trow wife??
hhhenry

Postby Ainia » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:21 pm

There's a house/yard area in Rowan Green that is inaccessible (closed gates and un-jumpable stone walls). This is because the gnome/Trow wife is a gardner there and doesn't want anyone trampling the flowers. ;)

BTW, if memory serves, I found three kelpies/horses in the marsh area (one was pretty well hidden).
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Annabelle » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:01 am

Oh thanks Ainia :) !

I was about to ask Sirius where he saw this Trow wife. I knew it wasn't in The Great Marsh but I never saw her in Rowan Green.

There are some fish in the basin in Rowan Green looking curiously like the Kemos in Eder Kemo. And I visited one day in flymode the balloon and saw Yeesha, Atrus, & the other guy (the balloonist surely).

EDIT:

I can't find the trow wife, can somebody post a picture of her location so I can see her in my game?

Thank you!
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby hhhenry » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:18 pm

Found her! There is only one house with a closed garden. If you are facing the sunset, it is the last house on the left against the front of the cliff. There is a shed with an open door and, if you wait long enough, the trow wife will walk into that shed. This is in Crowthistle itself, not the URU versions (which, I have been told, don't have her).
hhhenry

Postby Annabelle » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:26 pm

Oh ok then... Thank you!

I walked into that open shed (in URU) but found nothing. It must be an anim that was never ported from the Crowthistle (proper) to URU. I'll reinstall Crowthistle from the CD to see her. :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby hhhenry » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:51 am

There are links on this thread to a thread about patches that explains she is not available on URU. She is only there in the original Crowthistle.
hhhenry

Postby hhhenry » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:17 am

In the swamp village, as you enter, the woman walks in the woods behind you and to your right. There are several spots, bridges, and platforms to the right where, if you wait, you can see her walking in the woods. Again, as you enter, the swamp horses are in the woods behind you to the left. There are no places I can find on the left where you can see these horses.
hhhenry

Previous

Return to General Discussion