Tosholek 2.0 Released for PotS

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Tosholek 2.0 Released for PotS

Postby Whilyam » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:18 am

The updated version of Tosholek is out for PotS users. Click the link to get it. Let me know if there are any issues!
Tosholek V2.0

Update Notes:
Lighting overhaul using lightmaps
Updated journal using new book system
Textures updated and refined.
Optimized the Age so that additions can be made easier in the future.
Whilyam

Re: Tosholek 2.0 Released for PotS

Postby Ainia » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Very nicely done, Whilyam!

But bahroglyphics?? This is a fascinating development!! :shock:

Sholek is promising to be an interesting historic character. :)
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Rabenschwinge » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:13 pm

Just visited Tosholek, the changes are great!
I love the new textures, and the expanded backstory, which is very interesting and exciting!
I didn´t find any issues, will look more thoroughful next time, but I think, there is none.

Will definitely visit this place on a regular basis!

I´m very much looking forward to Fens now, can´t wait to see all the changes! :)
Rabenschwinge

Postby Tweek » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:44 pm

Nevermind, the file didn't download correctly for me each time I tried it. Finally got a working version.
Last edited by Tweek on Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby janaba » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:10 pm

And there we have another great and complete overhaul, this time of a stunningly beautiful and attractive D'ni area ... :P

As you've mentioned in the update, Whilyam, all textures have been completely refined, the colors, some designs (balustrades etc.) and just the whole ambience with walls and rocks, yeah, even the air animated in a soft and beautiful way ... I've also read the expanded story, which is really well thought out and a very interesting piece of D'ni culture and history ... Of course, I love those two amazing and classy paintings of Sholek I suppose, and the music (I believe it's the same as before?) so fits the atmosphere esp. when reading the Journal ...

Whilyam, I'd say, you've done an awesome job with this new release, absolutely worth the immense effort you've put into it ... :)

I didn't experience any issue at all, but I'm going to upload two pictures here right now, showcasing some very thin black lines around the water/wall edges encompassing the whole area, maybe you know what they represent or why they are there ...

Show Spoiler
janaba

Postby Whilyam » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:38 pm

Ainia, what do you mean by Bahroglyphs? I don't recall adding anything like that (I stay away from Bahro). did you mean the paintings? Those are done by Tweek, who was gracious enough to give some time to paint young Sholek.

janaba, yeah I had that same issue. I tried fixing it and it didn't work, so I figured it was minor enough not to delay anymore.

One thing I forgot to mention: the location has a fully-functional Great Zero, complete with laser beam. The location is on the cavern wall, so it may be a very brief appearance, but I tested it and the beam works.
Whilyam

Postby Ainia » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:10 pm

Yes, in both paintings Sholek is wearing an insignia of a bahroglyphic(s?). So perhaps there is a connection between his snake cult and the venomous snakes on Noloben? Would Tweek know whether that particular symbol is related to the Noloben snakes?

Snake painting Show Spoiler

Book painting Show Spoiler

Here are a couple of photos from a Bahro slate pedestal; this was the closest I could find to the insignia in the Sholek paintings.

Pedestal side Show Spoiler

Pedestal back Show Spoiler
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby janaba » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Ohh, I just realized this is Tweek's symbol or logo, he has it everywhere now (Blog, Fb, Twitter, portfolio page etc.) or maybe for quite some time already, even as a forums avatar, wonderful ... also your pages are awesome, Tweek, and Mr. Spock and Sholek and just everything ... :)
janaba

Postby Whilyam » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:12 pm

Neat! I didn't even notice that. Never realized that was a bahro symbol either. That is entirely Tweek's addition. As that's his icon, I take it as a kind of watermark so no one can steal those lovely pictures. While I wouldn't turn down an offer from Cyan to connect Sholek to Noloben, there is no connection in my lore at present. As mentioned in the history, the snakes are "vasara" which are native to the Age Vasarahn. Sorry to burst the hype, but I'm not one to be coy when I don't have something planned! :D
Whilyam

Postby Ehren » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:25 pm

I just have to ask, was there a reason for not putting a link to Tosholek in Toroolbah? There are 3 link books to other places you made but 1 pedestal still empty there as I recall. Or maybe I missed something...
Ehren

Next

Return to General Discussion