Seltani at IndieCade 2015

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Seltani at IndieCade 2015

Postby belford » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:44 pm

Seltani has been selected as a IndieCade festival nominee!

http://www.indiecade.com/2015/nominees

(Among many other recent indie wave-makers such as Her Story, Kerbal Space Program, Plug & Play, and Prune.)

This means I will be in Los Angeles for the IndieCade festival (October 23 to 25) to demo it.

This will be fun! And scary. I have achieved a different kind of quasi-celebrity than the kind I'm used to.

It's also an opportunity for Seltani fans. I intend to make a small collection of Ages to feature at the festival. People can explore anywhere if they want, but there should be a list of starting points.

If you have built an Age which you think would demo well, suggest it! Or suggest any of the existing Ages, really. Or if you want to build something specially for IndieCade, that would be great too.
belford

Re: Seltani at IndieCade 2015

Postby Aloys » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:16 am

Congrats on getting selected! :) On top of the big vote of confidence that this is, showing your game to the general public (as much as the people attending indiecade can be called like that) is one of the most difficult, yet important thing that can happen to your project. You should get invaluable feedback from this; and hopefully lots of good comments. :)
Aloys

Postby Sirius » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:49 am

Wow, great job ! Seltani isn't really my cup of tea, but I still find it awesome to see it got nominated ! You deserve it, really.
Good luck, and enjoy ! :D
Sirius

Postby belford » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:55 am

Thanks!
belford

Postby belford » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:45 am

Well, that was fun and tiring. I don't think it's generated any extra activity, but I talked with a lot of people about the game.

As part of this effort, I printed a postcard with the Seltani District map. You can see it on the journal page: http://seltani.net/journal

I also fixed the bugs with guest accounts being imperfectly reset. Now, when a person logs in as "guest", they will find all their personal instances completely reset. (Also their display preferences, linking booklet, and so on.)

This is generally good, but you might need to think about how it impacts shared areas. For example, now every new guest who logs in can check the Plaza chalkboard tally. Makes sense to me, but in theory somebody could raise the tally as high as they want by logging in as a guest, checking it, logging out, logging back in as a new guest...
belford

Return to General Discussion