Releasing My Ages

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Releasing My Ages

Postby diafero » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:57 pm

As soon as someone points me to a set of PRP files, I can update the age on UAM and DI. I just hope you guys can all agree on what the next version is. There can only be one Tsoidahl Prad ;-)

(Also, I don't check these forums very frequently, so pointing me at something best happens via mail :D . )
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby JulyForToday » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:29 pm

Bumping this ancient thread simply because the forum will not let me send PM's to anyone (always says "The requested users to be added do not exist." no matter who it is)

Was curious if Dendwaler still has his Yinfara files. The link he posted earlier in this thread is broken/expired. I would love to take a look at it.
JulyForToday

Postby dendwaler » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:35 pm

Well , seems you are in luck.
I found somthing in the garbage i once saved from a crashed disk in my old system
Lets hope this is where you were looking for.
i found the prp's of the agefiles and an old blender file.
i cannot open the blender file inside the latest blender 2.9 , but in 2.48b it should be possible.
Here is a link to the download :

https://dendwaler.stackstorage.com/s/FolNuFZnWpShAOFx

The password for this file is.......guess!

yinfara

Have fun! :)
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby JulyForToday » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:05 pm

Wow, that was quick. Thanks for the link! I was able to open it with Blender 2.79 just fine.
JulyForToday

Postby diafero » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:50 am

If you want any of that put on Deep Island or UAM, just let me know. ;)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby dendwaler » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:08 am

I think thats a good idea, I never asked it because i am not the owner. All i did was adding an isle, water and sky.
Also i changed some " linked duplicates" because it was mot playebel that way.
But since justin did release the age, i think it can be putted on DI without a problem.
It is a nice example of for that time fresh ideas around how to setup ages .
so my vote for release it on D.I is yes.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby diafero » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:13 am

So whom should I list as author(s) of the age in Drizzle?

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby dendwaler » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:58 am

The age is build by Lontahv. former council of artistic direction.

He made it to test some new technics as the animated lightning , the linked duplicates , glass tranparancies , texturing with a different approch. etc.
But he quitted with it and gave the aged files to justin.
Justin had developed a whole background story for it, but got stuck on the linked duplicates.
I did offer to untangle it for him.
So i did and i made the texturing working , builded an extra isle , and surrounding water.
The latter in the most simplified way, not as it was subcribed, but used not more then a single plane , I had just found out how to do that.
So it became a playable age for the first time.
then i handed it back to Justin.

and today its stil in that state.

So , in my opinion Lontahv has to be mentioned as the writer as he did a lot for this age and for the community in general.

dendwaler

Postby diafero » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:33 am

Thanks! I think I will then attribute it to "Lontahv, with contributions by Justin and Justintime9".

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby diafero » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:44 am

All right, the age is on the Shard now. Before I put it on UAM... do you want to create a linking image or a book cover for it?

diafero
Deep Island Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion