Releasing My Ages

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Releasing My Ages

Postby Sirius » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:41 pm

:shock: Woah, for some reason I completely forgot all about this thread, and missed the previous bump. I'm glad it hasn't been forgotten by others though.

Well, Tsoidahl Prad is one of my favorite Ages, I can't believe we didn't actually do anything with it since then, especially since we have the files :x
If no one pick it up, I'll have a go at fixing/polishing stuff and exporting it with Korman. I'm busy IRL right now though (and a slow worker 95% of the time), so if anyone with more free time wants to step up, feel free.
Sirius

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:51 am

Yeah, so Korov found me on facebook about a month ago and sent me this message:

Hi! I found an old post[*] of yours about releasing Tsoidahl Prad. Does it still apply, and extend to MOUL?
I can't make promises, but the Writers are considering doing the work to update some ages with the consent of the authors.

I don't know who the other writers he references are, but this would be really great. Especially since the verison of Tsoidahl Prad included in these files is a never-before released version. I re-lightmapped the office room and added a small cupboard with a bowl of water (to test reflective materials). So that area at least seems way better than the original. The main problems that bogged me down I think were that z-fighting and problems trying to revamp the staircase area.
Justintime9

Postby Sirius » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:56 am

Yeah, now that he's handling Fan Age Expeditions, and now that Fan-Ages are being added to MOULa, it would be a good idea to rework some older Ages like this one and try to get them to near-Cyan quality.
AFAIK it's only a few individual authors reworking their Ages for MOUL-based Shards so far. It's not like there is a global initiative to do so for other people's work, although that would be a great idea IMHO. The problem remains getting enough experienced people to do so...

Justintime9 wrote:I re-lightmapped the office room and added a small cupboard with a bowl of water (to test reflective materials). So that area at least seems way better than the original.

Korman now handles the tedious parts of lightmapping on its own, so having similar improvements to the other areas is definitely easier now.
Sirius

Postby Aloys » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:47 pm

I'm *not* redoing Ahra Paths to a Cyan-like quality. :lol:
Aloys

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:45 pm

Oof that would be an undertaking. To be fair I always thought it was one of the better looking fan ages anyway.
Justintime9

Postby Sirius » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:16 pm

Yah, same with my Canyon Age. If only I had 3000 hours to spend on texturing... :shock: Well, if only I had 3000 hours to spend on all my projects, and the motivation to go with it :lol:
I agree with Justin though. Ahra Pahts has some really nice texturing already. It just needs completed Shells to be closer together...
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:59 am

Just wanted to say, I started dedicating some time towards porting Tsoidahl Prad to Korman. (Hopefully someone isn't already working on it !)
It's getting pretty good, especially around lighting. Working with Korman is a real pleasure too !

I have a few ideas to improve Korman's lightmapping process, will see if they work...
Sirius

Postby Justintime9 » Wed May 19, 2021 8:40 am

Great to hear! Love to see some screenshots of progress if you have some.
Justintime9

Postby Sirius » Wed May 19, 2021 9:43 am

Sure, check your PMs ;)
Sirius

Postby Justintime9 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:08 pm

Any progress with this? Let me know if I can be of any help.
Justintime9

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion