Myst 5 ages in POTS

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Myst 5 ages in POTS

Postby TGMChrist » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:12 am

Oh it's Okay, it's better this way. The Myst V ages are Working in Uru 80% to 90% very fine. The slates dosen't work in Uru but it's is Okay. :)
TGMChrist ;)
Code: Select all
A3'9ur4
TGMChrist

Postby Jeffrey » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:37 am

I finally got a chance to play through all the ages on the offline version, it is so cool you can play through them. I had no problems with anything in The Great Shaft, Taghira, Todelmer or Noloben. In Laki'ahn, the initial state of the elevator in the color maze is set in the up position and at the windmill you can open and close the door to the Arena, but it doesn't look like you can close the door to the pedestal. I don't remember if in Myst 5 this was possible. Really awesome work though. Thanks
Jeffrey

Postby Sirius » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:10 am

I'm glad to hear you like it ! :)

Yeah, the pedestal is a bit tricky to get working - I don't actually remember how I rigged it up, it's always been a bit messy since I had to make sure you could still play these Ages alone without other people or Bahros.

Hmmm, if I remember correctly, you have to lower the pedestal using the switch/pressure plate BEHIND it. To get to the switch, you should be able to walk between the wall and the pedestal - it's difficult since there isn't a lot of space, but by alternatively running and jumping I recall it's doable.
Sirius

Postby Jeffrey » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:22 am

Yes that's what I did to get through and got the elevator to wok. I looked at a walkthrough on Myst 5 and the elevator does start down. It is a neat little twist to try to get around it though. The other door in the windmill area is no big deal, I don't recall if you could ever close it. I just saw looking there is a button on the console that didn't appear to work and looking at SDL states in UruFun, there is an option to change it. I tried in game with setting SDL State, but nothing happened. Like I said no big deal. If that is the worst that doesn't work, I would say it is 100% perfect.
Jeffrey

Postby Sirius » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:52 am

Jeffrey wrote: I just saw looking there is a button on the console that didn't appear to work and looking at SDL states in UruFun, there is an option to change it. I tried in game with setting SDL State, but nothing happened.

Yeah, I think this button did nothing in the original game either, it's supposed to close the second gate which is torn anyway. So the SDL variable is quite useless as well since it's not bound to any action.
Sirius

Previous

Return to General Discussion