Myst 5 ages in POTS

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Myst 5 ages in POTS

Postby Jeffrey » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:25 pm

Hi all

I tried converting the ages for Myst 5 with Drizzle 32. I was wondering if I am missing something. Some of the things work and some don't. For example, I can't seem to get the door in the descent to open to the shaft? When I use Flymode, I get to the elevator and that does not work either. I was just wondering if those items are working or not

Thanks
Jeffrey

Re: Myst 5 ages in POTS

Postby Sirius » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:42 am

These doors should work. In fact, with this version there is almost nothing that won't work.
I wrote:While all the narrative stuff from Myst V is missing, all puzzles are playable without the use of flymode. [...] I didn't fully test everything in the Myst V conversion - meaning you might run across some (hopefully) minor bugs. Should still be fairly stable, though. The only missing feature right now is a missing clue in Noloben, which shouldn't prevent you from exploring the Age.

So these devices should theoretically work.

Hmmm, did you try dragging the levers ? Simply clicking them won't activate them - you need to pan the mouse in a random direction while holding left click (that's an easy thing to miss if you haven't played Myst V for a while :P ).
The only other thing I can think of is you might have forgotten to copy the contents of the included Uru folder to your Uru installation directory.
Sirius

Postby TGMChrist » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:30 pm

How can I make rain in Noloben or heat in Tahgira or sandstorm in Laki'ahn? but the Great Shaft and Direbo are fine. There are still in development?
TGMChrist ;)
Code: Select all
A3'9ur4
TGMChrist

Postby Sirius » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:17 am

Rain in Noloben will occur randomly after a while (it's no longer tied to the Slates).
As for the other Ages, you'll have to explore a bit... Theoretically you should be able to trigger the heat, sandstorm, etc by finding a "special place" in the Age. (In Laki'ahn, that place is just in front of the windmill)

(I just hope I didn't forget to tell the game to actually load the effect...)

TGMChrist wrote:There are still in development?
No, they should be in their final state, assuming there aren't any bugs (if there are bugs I'll try to fix them, although right now I don't have much time and really no motivation to do so).
Sirius

Postby TGMChrist » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:06 am

There some bugs: I can't ride the chair lift thing in Todelmer, i can't open the second door to the bubble in the jewelry and can't open the gates to the color puzzle in Laki'ahn.
TGMChrist ;)
A3'9ur4
TGMChrist

Postby Sirius » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:51 am

Hmmm... I must have forgotten to include something with Drizzle, sorry.

Can you send me the file Python.0.elf (located into Uru's "log" folder) ? That should help me find the issue. I'll see if I have time to fix it (unfortunately with end of the year exams I have little time for Uru).
Sirius

Postby TGMChrist » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:59 am

TGMChrist ;)
A3'9ur4
TGMChrist

Postby Jeffrey » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:06 pm

Sirius wrote:These doors should work. In fact, with this version there is almost nothing that won't work.
I wrote:While all the narrative stuff from Myst V is missing, all puzzles are playable without the use of flymode. [...] I didn't fully test everything in the Myst V conversion - meaning you might run across some (hopefully) minor bugs. Should still be fairly stable, though. The only missing feature right now is a missing clue in Noloben, which shouldn't prevent you from exploring the Age.

So these devices should theoretically work.

Hmmm, did you try dragging the levers ? Simply clicking them won't activate them - you need to pan the mouse in a random direction while holding left click (that's an easy thing to miss if you haven't played Myst V for a while :P ).
The only other thing I can think of is you might have forgotten to copy the contents of the included Uru folder to your Uru installation directory.

That worked, awesome. Thanks for all your hard work, I was just clicking and not moving. Just too bad Chole's DIRT project I guess has ended. It would have been really neat to have all this stuff in a working mixed in a version of Uru Live.
Jeffrey

Postby Sirius » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:28 am

TGMChrist wrote:Ok here is it [..] and here are Python1-3elf
Even better ! Thanks.
Hmm, okay, these files should fix it. Put them into your Uru folder.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4z1dz3u9i6oyo ... 6.zip?dl=1
Jeffrey, you'll need these as well, otherwise you're going to run into the same issues.

I'll update the main download later. Maybe re-test the whole thing myself once exams are done. Especially since I finally retrieved my Complete Chronicles CD and can play the game again \o/
Thank you both for the replies in the mean time.

Jeffrey wrote:Just too bad Chloe's DIRT project I guess has ended. It would have been really neat to have all this stuff in a working mixed in a version of Uru Live.
I don't think it has ended (AFAIK). Just like Kahlo, Rebek and most of the Intangible stuff, it's just progressing very slowly because people don't have much time, and neither does Cyan anyway.
Sirius

Postby TGMChrist » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:35 am

The still some few Bugs in Laki and Direbo look at the pictures:

Laki'ahn:

Direbo:

Can you fix it?
TGMChrist ;)
A3'9ur4
TGMChrist

Next