Jonae not loading...?

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Postby Kierra » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:27 am

I didn't know exactly where to put this, so move around if necessary :)

I heard through the rumor mill that I should take a look at an Age called Jonae. I downloaded the Age and installed, it registered the link and all that, but left it alone 'cause it was Christmas week and I was pretty swamped.

Fast forward until now--I finally remembered I had the Age to look at, so I go to check it out....except the Age won't load. <_<

I click on the link, the load-bar loads....then the screen just stays black. No errors or anything, just black.

The curor registers the hotspot areas where the journal, KI, settings, and [X] boxes pop up, but they are not visible either. Just one big black screen of nothingness.

Anyone have any ideas whats going on, please?

~Kia
Kierra

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:10 pm

Kierra:

Try posting your question over at the German H'Uru site, on this topic in their English forum section which is devoted to the Jo'nae age:

http://www.huru.info/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=104

The author of the age, Jonnee, is pretty good at responding to issues.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Besharen » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:47 pm

Moved to General Fan Age Discussion. :)

BTW, are there any screen shots of the age? I don't have Uru at the moment (hey, its not my fault!) so I can't try it out.
Besharen

Postby Drakmyth » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:59 pm

It's a pretty amazing age. In order to get it working with Alcugs, I had to modify the SDL file and remove the "AgeSDLHook = 1" line. Otherwise it would crash the vault server. Though I visited the age just fine offline many time before without having to do that, if you're trying to visit it online, you may need to make this change, I don't know.
"The maniacal laugh of Drakmyth is not bound by the Ages!" ~ Talashar
Party time kiddies... I'm back!
Drakmyth

Postby electroglyph » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:59 am

[quote="Besharen"] Moved to General Fan Age Discussion. :)

BTW, are there any screen shots of the age? I don't have Uru at the moment (hey, its not my fault!) so I can't try it out.

Itep Edor has posted a gallery with both German ages. Text is German, but you can figure it out.
http://www.huru.info/gallery2/main.php
If you want to read individual pages you can use babelfish.
http://babelfish.altavista.com/
There is a place on this page where you paste the url and select translate from German to English. Babelfish will display the text in english. If you click on a link to another page however that one will show up in German.
electroglyph

Postby Jonnee » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:16 am

Hello Kierra!

I don't really know why my age doesn't work on your PC, because I'm sure that there aren't any errors in it.
How did you install the age? By using the UruAgeManager?
If you did so: Did you create the required sum file in the AgeManager and did you copy all required files of the age into the correct folders??
Jonnee

Postby electroglyph » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:20 am

Here is a cleaned up version of the German instructions. I babelfished it, then changed the things that didn't make sense like left=link. And turned around some of the subject/verb structures that were confusing.

Shorah, researcher!

This is the guidance, in order to install Jo'nae on your computer using agemanager.

1. For your own security first copy your agemanager.sav file (if available).

2. Copy all files from the Jonae.rar file into the respective files of your Uru installation. All files except the Jonae.bik, Jonae.pak and Jonae.sdl go into the dat folder.

3. Copy the file Jonae.bik into the avi folder.

4. The file Jonae.pak must go into the Python folder.

5. And the file Jonae.sdl is placed into the SDL folder.

6. Start the UruAgeManager and click on the Register Advanced tab.

7. With the window opens into the dat tab write Jonae into the box with Age file name and click then on create sum file button under it. If this fails you have a corrupt download. Go back and get the jonae.rar file again.

8. Within the register A link on this machine box, write Jonae as the file name, LinkInPointDefault within the Spawnpoint box, Jo'nae within the Description box, and Jonae.bik within the Flyby box.

9. Inside the text I have written, “Jo'nae, to stand in a world of the night.”

10. Click last on the button to register link.

Finished. Now you can start URU.
electroglyph

Postby Drakmyth » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:53 am

Note that Jonae is available on ULM. I would recommend getting this one especially since UAM is fading out and ULM is replacing it. I do not know, however, if the version on ULM is the latest one or not.
"The maniacal laugh of Drakmyth is not bound by the Ages!" ~ Talashar
Party time kiddies... I'm back!
Drakmyth

Return to General Discussion