New to Myst series & Uru / Gehn

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

New to Myst series & Uru / Gehn

Postby chickbug » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:54 pm

Hi all, I never played any Myst/Riven games and I played my first one last week: Myst on DOSBox. I immediately loved it and bought the RealMyst:Masterpiece Edition on steam and played all the way through it in one day! I absolutely love the puzzles in Myst. I play adventure games a lot and compared to the crazy arbitrary BS most of those have you do the puzzles in Myst are SO pleasant OMG...

Anyway, I'm gonna be playing Riven soon and I read about Uru and all of the crazy stuff that happened during its development and I still don't quite feel like I understand completely what Uru / Gehn is but I'm looking forward to playing it with me and two friends. Currently running the repair a few times since the known bug I read about in the forums is preventing me from launching the game, heh.
chickbug

Re: New to Myst series & Uru / Gehn

Postby Deledrius » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:12 am

Welcome to Uru, Chickbug!

Riven is my personal favorite in the franchise. I love how well-integrated the puzzles are in Myst games, and Riven is the best at this aspect (in my opinion). Uru is a bit different in many ways, not least being a spin-off from the series proper, and it was sadly never "finished", but I think it's a fascinating experience even now thirteen years later.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: New to Myst series & Uru / Gehn

Postby JohnB » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:22 am

Welcome to the Myst worlds. I envy you the wonderful journeys that lie ahead.
JohnB

Return to General Discussion