Walkthroughs or hints?

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Walkthroughs or hints?

Postby Lyssa » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:10 am

Are there walkthroughs or at least hints available for fan created ages?
Lyssa

Re: Walkthroughs or hints?

Postby Deledrius » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:37 am

There are, but they're typically scattered throughout the forum. Try searching for the Age you're playing and it should come up if one exists.

It would be nice if the Age authors would add them to the wiki, but this is rarely (if ever) done.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby dendwaler » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:29 am

Delidrius i agree and I do recognize that,.

But as a writer i want feedback around problems and i want to know how the age is received, because there has been hardly any testing before the release, besides my own testing. But after building you have become blind for some things or simply forget.
When there is a walkthrough right from the beginning, i would hear absolutely nothing, because instead of posting problems they immediately follow the walkthrough.
So the writer never get a chance to correct it.
Furthermore i want to discover what is ( too difficult) or to easy. What is liked and what is not.
Questions point me that out.
Feedback is absolute necessary, but hardly ever done, but the writes learns from it .
So i mean , real feedback after people played it instead of " thank you, its beautiful" before they played it.

Last week i got a pm with the question.
How many people can visit the cathedral at the same time before getting lag?

I had to answer, that i don' t know.
I do not even know how many people visited it, or how many have seen it.
That is pity.

But maybe now , more then a year later i will do write a walkthrough anyway.
And may be tell how many hints there are hidden but visible or hearable.
I really dont know or anyone noticed them.

That why a writer normaly not writes his own walkthrough.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Deledrius » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:21 pm

Sorry Dendwaler, I wasn't trying to blame anyone for not doing it, simply lamenting that it's not done enough. And I should perhaps have been less specific, as anyone with decent writing skills can contribute a walkthrough; I just assumed that the author of an Age would be most well-suited to do so. Perhaps not. I agree with your points about not posting one immediately after release, but it would be nice to have them available eventually.

Fortunately people have written some in the form of forum threads at least.

P.S. -- I, for one, really enjoyed your Cathedral. :D I took a lot of notes on feedback I wanted to express but didn't want to post in the main thread until more people had played it. I should dig those up for you.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Lyssa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:43 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'm not looking for a walkthrough but a few hints to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing or how to get started would be useful.

I'm a Technical Writer by trade and have written many software user guides in my time, so helping with walkthroughs is something I would be willing to help with once I'm able to get through an age.
Lyssa

Return to General Discussion