Korman Ladder Tool

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Korman Ladder Tool

Postby J'Kla » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:58 am

I have set up a Destiny client this is a valid testing environment but it is not going to work for my development I need to do incremental installations as I migrate the Enobmort stuff to the New Abmortoxas age now most of the stuff can be tested with the TpotS export but if I only use the Destiny or whatever for the other stuff and I need to move back to TpotS for anything else the ladders are screwed.

It does look like I need the ladders working under TpotS and the Parent Child problem I mentioned in another thread working as well. (although I can live without Parent Child it just means more leg work).

Destiny may work with only local updates but if each update means me relying on the files being manually added to the server side and that typically taking circa 24 hours then age development is dead in the water I usually work on an age in a 9 hour stretch with circa 25 increments to the age file during that tiime.

This is before I start Migrating Nilodnam the Gallery and Noidrocca an age with more complexity than Enobmort.

This is before I start working on any new ages.

That said Korman has been great even if I have to do my visitations using /flymode.
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:17 am

Ok I have an Update Destiny client looks like a working environment there's no flymode to test stuff.

There may be a way of putting in additional link in points and use those with the console there are 15 pages of console commands and many are the obscurities therein. But the Plasma ladder tool works with Destiny up and down and aligns so that's a good one.

I will document the use of the Destiny Client for testing Korman in a separate thread but it does look good. :)

Only circa 62 ladders to add.
J'Kla

Postby Maroonroon » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi.
I think there's a flymode in Destiny ; I can't take a look right now on my computer, but I will asap.
I remember I wrote a note which contains the keyboard keys to use for the flymode.
Maroonroon

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:32 pm

Ctrl+P to fly, U for up, H for down.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Maroonroon » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:07 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:Ctrl+P to fly, U for up, H for down.

Yes, I wrote the U and H keys, but to enable/disable the flymode I wrote Shift+P. (I haven't tried Destiny yet.)
Maroonroon

Postby J'Kla » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:26 am

Yep Tested and working :)

[Edit]
As additional piece of information Destiny is a viable way of testing my ages local updates run reasonably smoothly like I say I am now able to test ladders I have to do a two stage export for some reason but it works.

I now have 22 ladders so far 20 of them need the rung height tweeking at that point I should be able to duplicate them twice and get the total to 66 before the end of the week. ;)

[/Edit]
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:27 am

Ok strange behavior time.

I am testing using MOULa export and the Destiny Shard.

Ladders are modeled and I am using the ladder tool.

My ladders have a lintel step at the top and all of the components are child linked to a parent empty that sits at the center of that lintel just to keep everything together.

After parenting I have to re-enable all plasma objects or the ladders just do not export (that is actually no big deal).

Ladder rungs are aligned with the boxes generated by the tool then those boxes and the floor level boxes are removed leaving only the upper and lower entry points.

This is just to reduce an already large number of objects.

All of this works fine till I child link the upper and lower entry boxes to the ladder empty.

At this point I get a couple of strange behaviors either I am unable to walk away from the bottom of a ladder spinning round and starting to re climb or when I get to the top I immediately spin round and then I can back up then turn I can sometimes get away with not descending.

At the moment I have a work around where I use the parenting for any duplication and rotation of ladders then break the parenting before doing the re-enable plasma and export.

As I say the work around works and this should be considered as a heads up on usage of the ladder tool, for most age builders ladders will be an infrequent use.

I am not expecting a fix just saying it is something to consider when using the ladder tool. ;)
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:58 am

J'Kla wrote:Once in the age I can climb the ladder but not descend.

I have tried changing the relative position of the upper plane with no effect.

Most of my ages require a lot of ladders 16 blender units and a few of 32 blender units and over all of the ages about 6 of 94 blender units.

What am I doing wrong?

Good news! Thanks to Sirius identifying the source of the problem, I have a simple fix for this and it should be available in the next release of Korman.

Deledrius wrote:Don't worry though, it shouldn't affect your Age building, so when we put out a fix you'll just need to re-export the Age.

This remains true. Nothing will be required of you to fix this in the new version except to re-export your Age.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:52 pm

Are we talking about Alcugs export or My issue about having ladders parented to empties.

Either way I am exporting as MOULa compatible and testing with dirtsand

Alcugs would be nice because I could put stuff onto Deep Island.

For now I am concentrating on getting Python Tools onto Korman and exporting those ages as MOULa with SDL and Python.
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:55 pm

This has nothing to do with Alcugs. The fix should address the issue you mention here: viewtopic.php?p=71687#p71687
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion