Looking for something from days gone by

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Looking for something from days gone by

Postby gmz1023 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:30 pm

Hi, Hello, Yes.

It's been a long time since i've been in the Myst community and my brain is scrambling to find something I've pretty much realized i'll never find -- A tutorial from wayyyyyyy back in the day regarding the creation of your own custom linking sound. I don't remember where it wa sposted (But it very well might have been back in the Cobbs days if anybody remembers that far back). I need it because i'm working on a project that is slightly Myst related.
"does destiny drive man, or does man drive destiny?"
gmz1023

Re: Looking for something from days gone by

Postby Deledrius » Wed May 23, 2018 1:15 am

This really sounds to me like something you may have posted back on COBBS, but I can't be sure.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby gmz1023 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:33 am

I can assure it wasn't me who posted it (I was but a wee little annoying child back then) and I cannot for the life of me recall who did... I know for a fact it was something I saw back when I was working on that weird Doom/Uru thing I was making in the early 2000's but that's as far as my memory goes.

The only other detail I remember about it was apparently the person who recreated the sound used a whale breaching or bellowing or something.
"does destiny drive man, or does man drive destiny?"
gmz1023

Postby Deledrius » Wed May 23, 2018 3:38 am

gmz1023 wrote:I can assure it wasn't me who posted it (I was but a wee little annoying child back then) and I cannot for the life of me recall who did...

Oooh, sorry, I misunderstood the question. And yeah, I remember when you first showed up around there. You were very young and more than a little silly (at first)! ;)

gmz1023 wrote:I know for a fact it was something I saw back when I was working on that weird Doom/Uru thing I was making in the early 2000's but that's as far as my memory goes.
The only other detail I remember about it was apparently the person who recreated the sound used a whale breaching or bellowing or something.

That really doesn't ring any bells for me, aside from your Doom project. I hope someone else will recall it.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to General Discussion