T-Shirt Help Required

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

T-Shirt Help Required

Postby J'Kla » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:48 pm

I have been working as a volunteer at "The Great Exhibition of the North" GetNorth2018

We were running a games expo and I was demonstrating fan age building and showing a commection to my age Abmortoxas running on my home hosted dirtsand shard.

1GEoN-ScreenShot.jpg
Screenshot
1GEoN-ScreenShot.jpg (20.99 KiB) Viewed 6495 times

What I would like to try is build and run a virtual greeter using a LAN dirtsand Shard as a host.

To that end I would like to have my avatar dressed in the official T-Shirt.

2Front.JPG
Front View
2Front.JPG (53.78 KiB) Viewed 6495 times

3Back.JPG
Back View
3Back.JPG (62.86 KiB) Viewed 6495 times

Just to comment that at the Show I was running MY age on My Shard and I was promoting Uru as a teaching aid for Blender using Korman as a tool.

This was in no way an attempt to exploit Cyan if anything I was pointing visitors at Uru as a game.
Last edited by J'Kla on Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J'Kla

Re: T-Shirt Help Required

Postby J'Kla » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:51 pm

Left sleeve side view right sleeve is plain.

4Left Sleeve.JPG
Left Sleeve Side View
4Left Sleeve.JPG (10.88 KiB) Viewed 6493 times

I have reduced the images to help with upload I have better images if required.

Note the Exhibition runs to the 9th of August so I have some time to sort this but the time is finite.

But if I can get a method it could be used in other places with other Uniforms.
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:51 am

It's a bit of a pain to make them, as I learned when making the GoW clothing items last year for our Gehn anniversary, but it's certainly doable. The biggest issue is that the current UV maps on some of the clothing items... are not good, and so things get distorted. Takes a bit of trial-and-error to pre-distort them so that they look halfway normal on the mesh in-game (and even then, you're at the mercy of the weight slider, which morphs the bodies). And each new clothing item you want to add this set of graphics to has to be done separately (I'd love to make a decal system layer that can be applied separately, but alas).

If you just want to make a logo t-shirt, your task is already about as simple as it can get. I'd check out the existing t-shirts in the GlobalClothing PRPs with PlasmaShop and extract the base t-shirt textures to get started, at least for a template to make your own. Once you have those made, it takes a little bit of PRP wrangling to build the new item (I wrote a script to do it for our additions).

This is something that would be really nice to have in Korman, but as you've noticed the Avatar stuff is still absent. It's a huge chunk of things all on its own, and all kinda relies on each other. So, for now, I think you have to do at least some of the construction manually.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:55 am

Resizing should not be an issue as it is for one generic avatar.

I suppose what I am after is the detail of the PRP wrangling.

To be fair I figured it was never going to be as easy as a decal layer :-)
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:00 am

J'Kla wrote:Resizing should not be an issue as it is for one generic avatar.

Well, two. Male and Female t-shirts have to be made separately. ;)

J'Kla wrote:I suppose what I am after is the detail of the PRP wrangling.

I'll look through the script I wrote and post some instructions tomorrow if I can manage it (and no one beats me to it). Either way, you'll need to get the textures made first. ;)
Last edited by Deledrius on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:56 am

Textures should not be a problem and at the moment we will only use the male and that will give me time to do the female once I have the method sussed out.

What format should the textures be and are they 512 x 512 like most Blender Uru imports?

Leave answering that tilll you get round to sending the script.

And thanks again for the help.
J'Kla

Postby Emor D'ni Lap » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:14 am

J'Kla wrote:I suppose what I am after is the detail of the PRP wrangling.

J'K, here are the main references I had when I was researching the topic:

https://guildofwriters.org/wiki/Changin ... irt_Design

Andy Legate's tutorial: http://wiki.openuru.org/index.php?title ... e_Clothing

And the real core documentation on avatar meshes and texturing is STILL unavailable from our usual list of URU-oriented sources.
BUT it is STILL being hosted by its original author, Mark Stenersen! Grab a copy now!
http://msteno.com/lib/resume/cyan/avata ... tation.pdf

Between these, you should be able to come up with an approach that suits your needs!
Emor D'ni Lap

Postby Deledrius » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:22 pm

J'Kla wrote:Textures should not be a problem and at the moment we will only use the male and that will give me time to do the female once I have the method sussed out.

Right! Silly me, I was tired and forgot that you were making this for just a single custom avatar! That makes things much easier. In fact...

Emor D'ni Lap wrote:https://guildofwriters.org/wiki/Changing_Your_Shirt_Design

These instructions are probably the best solution for you right now. It requires the least amount of mucking about in the PRPs. Just replace the textures of a t-shirt you don't care about with the textures you make for your organization and you'll be ready to wear it right away!

Just import an image over the existing Mipmap for a t-shirt, save it, and that should be it. You can ignore the part about the checksumming since that's only relevant for the old ABM/PotS-era clients.

(Aside: Looks like we need to update the links on that page for the software. Ignore those and use the version you've already installed.)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:14 am

Thanks I will let you know how I get on.
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:01 am

I am using the DRC Tshirt as my replacement destination.

I have a weird issue with PrpShop it will not open the GlobalClothing.age but if I go to my folder and double click on GlobalClothing.age it opens in PrpShop I can navigate to the the mipmap folder where I find I can only export as a plasma object and only if I remove the asterisk character as it is trying to export as

[plMipmap]mtorso_drctshirt_base*0#0.hsm.po

Save types available are limited to (*.po *.mof *.uof)

I have used the zip of Mysterium clothing as a template and I have used paint.net to get this as a .dds format

However the import options are again limited to the (*.po *.mof *.uof) options

There is an Export DDS available on right click but this just gives a pop up that says

DDS Exporter not yet implemented.

Now I am using "PrpShop" and not "PRP Explorer v0.6" and I did look for this and there is a dead link for it

https://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10418

That page does have a link to a dead Wordpress page that looks like it was at some time owned by Hoikas

All of the notes I grabbed say PlasmaShop but using this on GlobalClothing.age just opens what looks like an# short XML text file.

I mean the notes are lovely but I cant get the imiges or the tools shown in the notes.
J'Kla

Next

Return to General Discussion