Differently Abled Inclusion

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Differently Abled Inclusion

Postby J'Kla » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:54 am

Over the years it has been my pleasure to work with several differently abled people.

Some of these people have lived their entire lives in a wheelchair and as such this is their body image.

Recently I have also come into contact with people who use a blade prosthetis in place of lower limbs for both sporting and day to day activities.

Now I know we can change an avatar such that it can wear the maintainer suit and that this has a boot type lower leg.

I was wondering could we make a blade type lower leg Left, Right and Both to be inclusive of players with this body image.

Also as we have a sitting avatar would it be possible to make a wheelchair bound avatar and I do appreciate the irony of most of my ages having ladders.

This would mean that a lot of my age building would change but it is a burden I would bare for the function of inclusivity.

Considering we already have avatars that appear incapable of actually picking anything up, ducking under a low bar or treating another avatar as a solid object.
J'Kla

Re: Differently Abled Inclusion

Postby Deledrius » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:24 am

All of this is definitely possible, and relatively "easy" in that it really wouldn't require anything unusual or unsupported. It would however require a quite decent amount of work. Someone would need to create the new avatar parts, and new avatar animations. It might make sense to create the wheelchair avatar as a custom avatar (like the bahro) with its own set of animations. There would be a lot to do before you had something to use for this.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: Differently Abled Inclusion

Postby J'Kla » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:19 am

Good to know you think this is posible. 8-)

I would be prepared to follow up on this as it would be a learning oppertunity.
J'Kla

Return to General Discussion