Making a speech.

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Making a speech.

Postby J'Kla » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:10 am

When the original game starts or when in the new game we encounter Zandi who sits in a chair and responds with sage tones and advise on how to continue.

Also Yeesha at a couple of stages paces around pontificating on participation in the quest/request.

I would like to make an avatar either sit and respond in the same way or make an avatar that does something like Yeesha.

For the duration of the Zandi responses you can actually walk away and hear him continuing to speak as if you were still in front of him and his voice slowly becomes quieter with your distance.

In the case of Yeesha in the "rain in the desert" speech your avatar is disabled. However in the initial “You need to find these journey cloths” speech you are free to wander off just as you can with Zandi.

I am looking to create this functionality for my own having an avatar make an introductory speech and at the moment all I would need would be the flailing arms action that you get when you hit the [Tab] and your avatar supposedly speaks using your voice picked up from a microphone.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

I know I could do a screen capture and add a voice over but this would mean your avatar was not in the scene.
J'Kla

Re: Making a speech.

Postby Deledrius » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:33 am

Zandi is just a region sensor and some logic to make him play the audio: https://github.com/H-uru/moul-scripts/b ... pcZandi.py
Yeesha is a triggered animation after warping her to the right spot & audio: https://github.com/H-uru/moul-scripts/b ... tImager.py

If you want your own NPC, creating a custom avatar can take some work. I think it may be possible to load a "fake" player avatar, but I'm not sure how.

From the theme of your recent threads, it sounds like you're building a total conversion using the engine and ditching all of the Uru components, but I'm not sure since you haven't outright said it. Is this the endgame you're working toward? It might end up with you getting better advice and help if this was known so things could be solved holistically instead of piecemeal.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:17 am

At the moment I am producing a proof of concept so piecemeal is a valid approach.

If I can find a backer who will take the concept on then total conversion is a valid option.

I am not looking to make a new game but to make use of my aquired Blender Skills to build a new use for the engine that is not actually gaming.

I am trying desperatly to avoid copyright infringement.

That means I have to find anywhere theres Cyan content and replace it but I would like to credit Cyan with the environment that showed me it was all possible.
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:10 pm

J'Kla wrote:I am not looking to make a new game but to make use of my aquired Blender Skills to build a new use for the engine that is not actually gaming.

So you aren't... but you are. Okay. ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to General Discussion