Wiki update

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Wiki update

Postby zeke365 » Mon May 25, 2020 4:34 pm

I know I’m not around as much but I have taken my first steps of learning blender 2.79 to hopefully build my own age one day.

Now I have been wondering about how having wiki update and what I mean is update to the tools we use today and get rid of anything that might be outdated or fixed or is just not relevant anymore. This way we can keep it with most of tools we use now and not some outdated stuff.
Now what you could do is archive the old the way of doing things if you like that way the new stuff is out in front of center. This should simply things for new age builders who want to build an age without being to complicated to figure out. I know it simple now but I’m talking about narrowing it down further to just blender and korman.
The second thing is to have the ability to add resources for people and to create wiki if they like to help with age building unless you just want to keep the wiki as it a because I like to share blender tutorials that I found that could be helpful in the Wik just not sure how.
Let me know your thoughts on this idea in the comments below.
zeke365

Re: Wiki update

Postby Semjay » Tue May 26, 2020 8:41 am

I’m sure I’m not the only one but I’m using 3DS Max and I refer to the tutorials on the wiki a lot. I was hoping they’d be added to. Please don’t delete those just yet.

(Hurries off to print them all out but finds that the printer is out of ink, oh no!)
Semjay

Postby zeke365 » Tue May 26, 2020 10:08 am

Im not saying get rid of them but have them in extra section saying either old way of doing things and have the blender kormon front and center.
zeke365

Postby Emor D'ni Lap » Tue May 26, 2020 8:48 pm

Zeke, I don’t understand.
On the guildofwriters.org wiki page, Korman is listed top front and center under “Tools”. That link takes you to a page where there are, in turn, links to tutorials for Korman installation, for getting started in using Korman, and another page with more advanced Korman tutorials.
From that first URL forward, there’s nothing there but Korman and Blender info, there is no way to “narrow it down further to just blender and korman”.

If you find specific portions of specific pages that are somehow out-of-date or inaccurate, I’m sure you can point these out and they’ll be fixed at some point, though not always immediately. But a vague “get rid of that old irrelevant stuff” doesn’t help the good people that are both writing this code and trying to maintain the wiki.

...I like to share blender tutorials that I found that could be helpful in the Wik just not sure how.

If you want to start a thread in the Forum's ‘Building’ topic called “Zeke’s List of Blender Tutorials”, you could absolutely do that. But the Wiki doesn’t focus on Blender tutorials, because there are such an enormous number of them available online, both for a fee and free-of-charge.

Also, Wiki editing is generally trusted to those who have deep experience in the topic of that wiki. I don’t have deep experience with Korman!
Emor D'ni Lap

Postby zeke365 » Wed May 27, 2020 7:48 am

okay maybe I misunderstood then lets just keep it as is.
zeke365

Return to General Discussion