A Request From the Pre-GoMa

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

A Request From the Pre-GoMa

Postby andylegate » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:42 am

Since getting a meeting to ask this may be rather hard to do, I'm following the advice of both people on here, and my own fellow Pre-GoMa people. I'm placing a want ad.

Project: Building Training Ages For The Pre-GoMa

Over at the Pre-GoMa, we are trying to organize and build our Training Department. One of the many things that we are working on is the training aspect of inspecting Ages.
As the Guildmaster for this department, I am trying to make something that will help train individuals whom desire to become inspectors with the Maintainers. By training these people on how to inspect Ages, using the ULM, it will make for better feedback for you, the Writers.

Our proposal is simple in nature: Have Ages that can be downloaded from the ULM that act as both training in a certain area and also as an exam of sorts to see how well someone does. These Ages will not be open to the general public, but will be kept private until dished out to the trainee that needs it at that time.

The Ages Needed:

We need, for now, about 8 Ages made. These Ages do not need to be huge like Er'cana or Minkata, but possibly a little bit bigger than Jalak.

Bug Training Ages: We need 3 Ages made for this. Bug placed in on purpose for the Trainee to find. Bugs can be in any form, as long as they can be found by the trainee (IE invisible walls in the middle of a field, a cliff you can walk through, etc, etc). At least 10 bugs per Age. Each bug does not have to be unique, but they do need to be varied with each Age. Making 3 copies of one Age, but each with different bugs would be just fine too. Amount of bugs must be known to us. If we find more, we'll simply add it to the list.

Copyright Training Ages: We need 3 Ages made for this. Copyright violations placed on purpose with in the Ages. Again, same requirements as the Bug training ages, but no bugs, simply things that can be recognized as a copyright violation.

Critique Ages: We need at least 2 Ages made for this. In this case, they need to be 2 different Ages. These Ages will contain no bugs or copyright violations. They are designed to allow the Trainee to walk through and explore the Ages in order to give his or her impressions upon the Age. A sort of review with an Essay answer.

Anyone over here intersted in working with the Pre-GoMa on this can either PM me here, respond to this post, or contact me over that the Pre-GoMa forum located at http://www.guildofmaintainers.org

Thank you for your time and interest.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Re: A Request From the Pre-GoMa

Postby AtionSong » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:11 am

If somebody wants to collaborate on one of these, I can probably design and model a copyright or critique age, but I'd need somebody else to do the programming. Any takers?
AtionSong

Re: A Request From the Pre-GoMa

Postby MustardJeep » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:42 pm

Since Andy stated our needs so well I really don't have all that much to add.

AtionSong I'll probably swap some ideas with you later on, I think a Critique Age could be started fairly easily.

As much as I would love to get you folks working on a Bug riddled Age that still works 100% without burning a hole in CC; I know that is a really tall order. Technical "Bugs" in scripts would be a very very difficult thing to achieve so I am not going to ask you for that right now. I am learning Age building as a hobby but have no real interest in becoming a Writer/Maintainer.

:lol: I know what is to much for me to bite off. :lol:

Aside from the mesh bugs that Andy mentioned purposely misaligned animations, or animations that force two "solid" objects into the same space seem fairly safe bugs. (Running animation on your leg takes it through a "Solid" object) Ladders with a extra invisible rung at the top or bottom are also a possibility. At the bottom would it be possible for you to get off the ladder into a pit just below the visible surface? I don't know if that would be possible while still getting on the ladder at normal ground level. Is it?

Ideas for a Critique Age V.1
Trees, plants, grasses, and rocks.

Yep you guessed it I am thinking a grand old Eder Age. A little boring as it would have ziltch in the way of interaction to begin with but it is very doable. A few trees like in relto or the barons x-mas tree, and a few trees like the ones in eder delin. Smaller plants here and there like the tsogal cat tails or the scrub that litters uru. And lots of rocks to climb on over and through. Basically it would take advantage of all the standard artistic techniques used in Uru that break down when you have Fly mode to take you where you shouldn't go.

In later versions we can add buildings, artifacts, ect....
MustardJeep

Return to General Discussion