Introduce Yourself

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Lehnah » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:08 am

Korovev wrote:Obligatory calendar reminder: https://bit.ly/GoMe_cal_uk :)

Thanks mate! :D
Lehnah

Postby Zephyon » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:08 pm

Man, I hate these intros. I've played Myst and Riven so long ago that I'm sure I've forgotten plenty. I ran around a bit when MO:UL first started. Life got in the way and MO:UL disappeared. I moved on. I was surprised and very happy to learn that the code was open source and that a community effort to maintain and improve it was underway. My coding background is Fortran, Cobol, Pascal, and a little Java from so far back I'm obsolete in those languages. I have a lot of time and I've been tinkering with some of the newer languages. I'm not going to commit to much more than playing and code-poking right now, but I'll let you know if/when I feel competent enough to contribute more.

Z
Zephyon

Postby Deledrius » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:27 pm

Zephyon wrote:Man, I hate these intros. I've played Myst and Riven so long ago that I'm sure I've forgotten plenty. I ran around a bit when MO:UL first started. Life got in the way and MO:UL disappeared. I moved on. I was surprised and very happy to learn that the code was open source and that a community effort to maintain and improve it was underway. My coding background is Fortran, Cobol, Pascal, and a little Java from so far back I'm obsolete in those languages. I have a lot of time and I've been tinkering with some of the newer languages. I'm not going to commit to much more than playing and code-poking right now, but I'll let you know if/when I feel competent enough to contribute more.

Welcome, Z!

If you want to get started poking at the code, we have a sort of Quick Start Guide that might help. Feel free to drop into our GoW IRC channel if you have any questions or just want to chat about the code.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby DL_Draco_Rex » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:37 am

Hello, I'm Draco. I'm a friend of Calum, if anyone here happens to know who that is. I'm not sure what I can contribute or even if this place is still alive, but I recently became a big fan of the Myst series, I enjoy creating things, and I haven't been part of a forum for a while, so I figured I'd join. I've beaten all the games other than MO:UL, which I don't know how to get working on my Ubuntu machine. Figured I might as well post here even though nobody has touched this thread in over a year, since it's still stickyed and all.
DL_Draco_Rex

Postby Deledrius » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Welcome, Draco Rex!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby DL_Draco_Rex » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:24 pm

Thank you!
DL_Draco_Rex

Postby Korovev » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:30 am

Welcome! Have you seen my tutorial? The Linux section is at the bottom.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby DL_Draco_Rex » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:35 am

Holy shit thank you!

Edit: This is about as far as I get.
Show Spoiler

Edit II: Got past that, nevermind.
DL_Draco_Rex

Postby Sirius » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:15 am

DL_Draco_Rex wrote:Hello, I'm Draco.

I'm a bit late, but welcome to the forum ! :D Things are a bit quieter than they used to here, but there are still people available for discussion or help.

DL_Draco_Rex wrote:I enjoy creating things

If you do, you might be interested in building your own Ages with Blender or 3dsMax, and export them to Uru. The learning curve is a bit steep, but it can be very rewarding. Don't hesitate to ask if you want to know more about it. The Wiki also has some useful infos.
Sirius

Postby Aloys » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:41 am

Sirius wrote:Things are a bit quieter than they used to here, but there are still people available for discussion or help.

No there aren't! :o

Oh, wait, yes there is. :?

Hi Draco, welcome aboard! :)
Aloys

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion