Introduce Yourself

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Time » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:38 pm

Good evening writerly folk. I go by the moniker "Time" in the cavern, and sometimes in the surface. You'll find me to be a walking pile of bad puns. In any case, I've played Myst games since back in '95, and have been in on the Uru since Prologue, however my internet was too crappy for me to go online back then. I never found any UU shards, but I did jump in head first for MO:UL the second I heard of it.

As far ask skills that can be used here in the GoW, I do all the renderings for an architect, but I use mostly AutoCAD and Google Sketchup for my modeling, so learning Blender will take a bit of time. I hope sometime in the future to be able to model in blender and help with ages in that respect. I also have a good deal of programming knowledge, and pick up new languages very easily. I currently do not know any Python, but that can change fairly quickly, based on past experiences. Ever since I finally understood MOO code one day, I've never had trouble learning new languages. It all just comes down to Time (Da Dum Chhhhh). In any case, I do find myself making textures fairly often for my job, and I can wield Photoshop fairly proficiently if needed. I'm also full of random ideas for stories, landscapes, and other things.

In summary, I'm alright at alot of random skills involved in age making, but I have quite a bit of room to improve in all of them as well.

And for those of you still interested in me, I'll tell you a bit about the Time on the surface. It's 8:32 (Da Dum Chhhhhh). Right, now that that's out of the way, I'm an Engineering Student at the university of Utah, and I work as the rendery guy for an Architect. I play Myst, Rhythm Games (DDR, GH, BMX, IIDX, EBA, etc.), Make Robots, engineer, play other video games, and do some other stuff that involves school, work, and sleep.

So that's the story of the mighty Time in short. Hopefully I'll end up being a useful addition to the guild.
"I set up my white picket fence in the now, with a commanding view of the soon to be."
-The Tick
Time

Postby Lanen » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:31 am

Hello everyone! You can find me in the cavern and on most Uru boards as Lanen. I have been playing the Myst games from the day the first one came out. Although I have never had experience with age creation I am really excited to be able to get my hands on blender and give it a try! Other then that I am a writer in RL and think I could help with age descriptions quite well. I am also a great micromanager as this is my real life job (managing an office). Can't wait to see what's going to happen in the cavern!
Lanen

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:31 am

Shorah, folks!

I started playing with Uru:CC in March 2005, Until Uru in May 2005, and age creation in December 2005. I've helped develop the Blender PyPRP plugin, and I've written a number of related tutorials (and ages) on the Alcugs Wiki. I've collaborated on the age of Ahra Pahts, an Age Builders project that I'd like to resurrect after the season finale is over. I've helped a number of people with their ages over at the Alcugs forums. It's great to see renewed interest in the Art taking place.

Regarding my skills: I know my way around Blender, but I take at least twice as long to model as a real artist. I can manipulate textures in Photoshop and GIMP, but I'm not that great at producing ones from scratch. I do know Python quite well.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Simon_Bitdiddle » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:46 pm

Howdy folks!

I've been a part of the Adult Supervision for the D'ni Zoological Society for a while now and have participated in MOUL since about February. I go by Simon_Bitdiddle pretty much everywhere.

My skills are technical writing and a bit of programming, albeit perl and lisp are my languages of choice. I am also a well-spoken debator and would like to participate in this Guild.
Simon Bitdiddle
Simon_Bitdiddle

Postby Mystified Explorer » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:06 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm Mystified Explorer. I've been into Myst games since I was about 7, now 10 years later I still enjoy Uru and occasionally replaying some of the games.I've been an active member of the GoAC right up until it kind of died off a year or so back. During that time I was an admin there and also Co-leader of the SftSoK project (a role which Kato has asked me to continue). I enjoy modelling and working with visuals mainly, and have been developing an age called Cerrodahn in the past, which is part of SftSoK. Admittedly I've not been that active in recent much as life has gotten busy, however I still hope to continue working with you guys on ages and I'm really excited about what the future will hold :D

I have very little skills with programming atm, but I'm hoping to take a few courses at Uni next year, alongside Film, TV and media studies :)
Mystified Explorer

Postby mckendall » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:42 pm

Shorah
I am looking foward to working wtih you on ages to come. I have worked with poser,bryce,Daz studio,photo shop,Macromedia ,Adobe and a little of blender(still learning this one). I bought the first Myst the day it came out-so much for not aging myself. :lol: One of my early poser peices is at http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo ... GSCCfnpLzJ
mckendall

Postby mar » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:04 am

Shorah,

My name is Mar, I have played all the Myst games. I was never active in UU but now I am playing Uru Live.

I was a member of the agebuilders for about a year and a half and I start from level zero with agebuilding. Now I have learned to manage blender. Maybe when I have a lot of time I wan't to learn Python but still than it is magic for me.

I am making a little age what is inspired on a moss-area in my garden.
My skills are photografie, making texture and I am very interested in nature,ancient civilisations and historie.
mar

Postby Zrax » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:31 am

Hello all, I'm Zrax. I don't follow forums that much anymore, so expect slow responses and such, but I'm still pretty active in the Development/H'uru side of things around here. I joined Uru a little after Prologue went down, but then a few years later I started up the Desert Shard, as well as several UU-related projects (probably the most interesting and relevant one being Volcano, which was a merging of PotS and UCC into the normal UU engine, as opposed to Alcugs's approach through the PotS engine). I also created a couple of tools collectively known as PlasmaShop, which were specifically for viewing and editing Plasma 2.x (i.e. Uru, PotS, Myst 5, and now even Crowthistle) files of all sorts. More recently, I've been working on a piece of software called AgeMaker, which, as the name implies, is an age-creation tool specifically designed for the creation of new content. Although I've actually been working on this for several years, it's still got a lot of work left to be done. However, it is making progress, and is probably about at the same level of completion as HuruStudio right now. (Don't worry, I'm playing nice with HS -- I want the two to work together well, not fight against each other :) ).

The skills I have to offer for age creation (aside from what I'm already doing with AgeMaker and HuruStudio) include mostly programming skills. I'm very good with C++, Python, Delphi (Object Pascal), and have experience with many other languages as well. I've also been known to work with music creation, but I haven't really written anything new in the past couple of years, so don't count on me too much for that ;). Anywho, I look forward to working with you all :)
Zrax

Postby orrinjelo » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:14 am

My name is Orrin Jelo. I joined the Uru Guild of Writers, and would like to help out.
I do have programming skills, but right now, I am not really up to any progging. I'm a physics major, so I do hope to get some interesting ideas based on weird physics. I have used programs like Pov-ray, Terragen, Bryce, 3dsMax, and very little blender (still need to learn!).
orrinjelo

Postby Luetwo » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:31 am

Hi all. I am Luetwo, and have been around for a while, at least when my computer allows me access. Hopefully that problem is over as I now have a new system. I do not have any abilitites when it comes to artwork,modeling,texturing,or anything else to do with the actual computer parts of age making. However, I do have several ages started, including some of the puzzles. If you need an idea just let me know. I will post a little on the three I have started elsewhere here and if you are interrested in taking it further, you are more than welcome.
Luetwo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion