Introduce Yourself

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby DL_Draco_Rex » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:08 am

Thank you all! I guess I'll try messing around with Blender. Are there any tutorials on Age creation around here?
DL_Draco_Rex

Postby Sirius » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:46 am

Sure ! A lot of information is available on the Wiki (there is a link at the top of this page).

In particular, you'll probably be interested in the Korman section of the tutorials, Korman being the plugin for Blender 2.79 (NOT Blender 2.8) which exports to various versions of Uru. If you're new to Blender in general, I recommend googling some tutorials - there are plenty to be found, although Blender itself is a bit hard to learn.
(If you come across mentions of PyPRP, it's the older Uru export plugin but is no longer maintained, so don't bother with it.)

To try out your exported Ages, I recommend finding a copy of Uru - Complete Chronicles (easier to use since it doesn't require a server to play), download Drizzle and use it to install the Offline-KI. The Offline-KI will allow you to link to your own Age using the "/link" chat command. It also features a flymode, which is quite handy when creating your own Ages.

That should be enough to get you started. Like I said, don't hesitate to ask if you need help ;)
Sirius

Postby DL_Draco_Rex » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:55 pm

Do you know if there's currently a way to get Korman on my Linux computer? The installation tutorial doesn't list anything for Mac or Linux.
DL_Draco_Rex

Postby Sirius » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:31 am

Ah, I think Korman isn't yet available on Linux - if I remember correctly, there is a missing dependency (PhysX) that makes it impossible to export colliders to the MOULa format ? (or am I mistaking this with Plasma itself ?) Hoikas or Deledrius, if you're reading this, is that correct ?
Sirius

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:58 pm

Korman should work fine on Linux--there is a very minimal set of instructions in the README. Just ignore everything about Windows and PhysX, and it'll work properly (yes, Sirius, even for MOUL... ;)). For a more exciting (read: futile) experience, try getting Korman to work on macOS...
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Deledrius » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:35 am

DL_Draco_Rex wrote:Do you know if there's currently a way to get Korman on my Linux computer? The installation tutorial doesn't list anything for Mac or Linux.

It should work fine, you'll just need to install libHSPlasma and PyHSPlasma as Hoikas mentions. We don't have any automatic installation for Linux, and Mac should work but there are some issues I've only gotten around by building my own Blender (which is not an ideal solution).

Sirius wrote:Ah, I think Korman isn't yet available on Linux - if I remember correctly, there is a missing dependency (PhysX) that makes it impossible to export colliders to the MOULa format ? (or am I mistaking this with Plasma itself ?) Hoikas or Deledrius, if you're reading this, is that correct ?

Nope, it works fine without PhysX. Quite some time ago Hoikas fixed that little problem so that Korman would work with 64-bit and non-Windows versions of Blender. Korman can output non-cooked physics data, and Plasma can accept it. :)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Sirius » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:04 am

Oh good then ! :) I wasn't sure due to the lack of automated installer.
Sirius

Postby Tahmm'la » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:05 pm

Hello!

Tahmm'la here, Myst was my first video game...so of course I've been interested in Writing for a long time!

Well, here I am, one Landscape Design minor later, and looking to do some good with it!

Conceptual Design/Story is my forte...coding and modeling not so much.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Tahmm'la

Postby Aloys » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:57 pm

Greetings Tahmm'la! And welcome aboard! :)

Coding can be intimidating, (although with our current tools we need far less of that than we used to ). 3D art however is more approachable. Especially if you already have an interest in artisting things. (Age design can be quite similar to Landscape design). To get you started you can have a look at the Wiki, it's got plenty of information on how to create Ages, and tutorials. Happy reading! If you have questions don't hesitate: we don't bite. Most of us. :?

Also: you chose a good time to come, as there's a bit more activity than usual here. Guess that whole quarantine situation is good for something; :lol:
Aloys

Postby OneOverZero » Sat May 09, 2020 5:01 am

Hi! I'm Clara, I just discovered this branch of MOUL yesterday lol --- I never thought I'd see the day where fan made ages were online!!!!!!! Omg xD I don't remember my original name in MOUL but my name in Second Life was Ritose Parx (if anybody here was part of the group that moved to SL after the original MOUL shut down).

HOI!!! Is anybody usually online? I'd love somebody to take me on a tour of all the new ages and stuff. My email is ryancentralorg@gmail.com if anybody wants to reach out to me <3
OneOverZero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion