Introduce Yourself

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby janaba » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:39 pm

Lord Chaos wrote:At the "Achieving Tomorrow" event today, we were in the Guild of Messengers' chat room due to the unavailability of MOULa. We got to talking about shards, Ages and parties. I figured this would be a good place to be. :) So, here I am.

Awesome ... Welcome to the GoW, LC ... :P
janaba

Postby Lord Chaos » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:07 am

Thank you.

I've installed the shard without trouble, and am standing on the Ferry Landing. :)
Lord Chaos

Postby janaba » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:49 pm

Wonderful, you're fast, LC, and I'm glad you made it safely in there without any complications ... :P

I can't wait to hear what you say about the new GoM Pub we were talking about yesterday, and also try out the comfortable commands /dance for continuous dancing as well as /saveclothing orange violet (e.g., or maybe long or short sleeves or so, just recognizable and easily to remember for you lol) and /loadclothing orange violet (do that with as many styles as you like) to quickly change your clothing styles, this does only work, when nobody else is present btw, but it's comfortable nevertheless, just link out of the pub e.g., change and then back in ... However, I hope and believe you'll enjoy exploring the Gehn Shard ... :)
janaba

Postby Lord Chaos » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:52 am

So far, it has been very smooth. Everything loads much faster than MOUL, and movement is noticeably smoother. My memory of the game is very rusty, however, so I'm having some trouble finding my way around... :) When the weather here cools off some, I'll get back to looking around. The I7 PC is nothing like the heater that my old Pentium-D one was, but it's still a bit much.
Lord Chaos

Postby Jeruth2.0 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:30 pm

Shorah! Wow, I see some familiar names here :)

I have been a member of the community off and on since 2003, but have been gone for a long time (5 years? 6 years? something like that). I was around for Prologue, UU, Rehearsal, GameTap, but wandered away for a while. I'm not entirely sure why I'm back now; I got an itch recently to come back to Uru, and here I am :)

(I think I registered here a really long time ago, but I forgot the password and no longer use the associated email account, so I created this 2.0 account. I'm sorry for the duplication.)
Jeruth2.0

Postby janaba » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:08 am

Welcome to the GoW, Jeruth ... :P

I've already recognized your name yesterday and I was wondering if we're about to see the beginning of the migration or partial/temporary migration of the 'Music Night' (not MN specifically, MN is meant to stand for a bunch of great people 8-) ) to the Gehn Shard, by way of variety or as just another option in case MOULa would be down or so, ... Wonderful ... It was at LC's latest event where we realized that it's already eight years that we all met for our Saturday night (my time lol) Kadish gatherings and other great party events hosted by LC, Donahoo and others of course ... Yeah, however, I wish you interesting, inspiring and exciting times here, Jeruth ... :)
janaba

Postby Swifton » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:54 am

Hello everyone, My name is mike and I am from New Hampshire in the good old USA. I am 52 years old. (lol yeah sure trust me I never thought I would make it this far) I am married with 3 kids. The reason I have 3 kids is because I didn't want 4.
I played uru back when it first started but the servers were a lag fest that they just could not get right so it failed and they ended it. I really hope this time around will be all that I am hoping it will be)
Swifton

Postby janaba » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:46 am

Hi, Swifton, welcome to the GoW and the Gehn Shard, I suppose that's what you're aiming at ... :P

I've seen your post on the Moul forums today and I hope you've been successful with downloading and installing Moula (Uru Live) on your computer, the same best wishes I'd like to apply to the installation of the Gehn Shard, which will be much more easy and comfortable once you have your Moula installation ready and up to date ... So, have fun exploring Uru Live now online in its different and extended versions and above all with the possibility to do it with friends and/or to meet others from around the world and make new friends etc. ... :)
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Hey Mike Swfton Welcome back to the world of URU

I have OVER 10 years on you (I am over 64) - and still enjoy this world...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Yali » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:57 am

25 here! Myst has been in my life since as far back as I can remember. I remember Myst Island and the Ages as if I had been born there.
Yali

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion