Introduce Yourself

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Annabelle » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:38 pm

kaeebonrai wrote:*giggles* thank you. XD I'm certainly not quite the person I was back then.

In a certain way, you have always been the same, I always enjoyed your company and you never seemed angry toward me. You introduced me to Deep Island shard which was a great thing. I had everything to learn for an old URU:CC based shard explorer like you even though you are quite younger than me...unfortunately for me :lol:

You also enticed me with the infamous Plasmaclient, it was a revelation to me! I then made my way to PlClient later on and made some magic! It all started with a bahro that was talking to me... I was in shock, I was naïve at the time, I'm still naïve for a lot of stuff but you got me on that night, I'll remember it!

So if ever you wonder if you helped someone, consider at least one girl, me :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby kaeebonrai » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:20 pm

^__^ Thank you both for the very kind words =)

I'm still getting settled back into the community and the swing of things... but I'm... mostly back. Only at these forums for now - but eh XD
kaeebonrai

Postby Tai'lahr » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:30 pm

I joined this forum over two years ago in order to get on the Gehn shard, but I never thought about introducing myself here because I never thought I'd have a reason to post - until now.

Kae, it's been a joy getting to know you better these past few years and watch you become the person you are today. I'm very glad to see you returning to the Uru community and ready to lend your talents here. Welcome home.
Tai'lahr

Postby Whilyam » Sun May 18, 2014 5:40 pm

Since I posted on the MOULa forums, I figure I should post here as well. Greetings, I'm Whilyam. 25 year-old American dude who created a few of the Ages on the header rotation (Fens, Maw, Bimevi, and others). In short, I'm back. Time has changed me, hopefully for the better. I have a lot of ideas I hope to work on, revising some of my old worlds.
Whilyam

Postby kaeebonrai » Sun May 18, 2014 6:47 pm

=D Awesome to see you back, hun! *big hugs!*
kaeebonrai

Postby janaba » Mon May 19, 2014 5:25 am

I just commented to your re-introduction on the MOUL forums, Whilyam, but as many here do not read those very often, if at all, here's another 'welcome back aboard' from me here too ... :P

It is good to have this part of the community being strengthened and supported as much is being done here by just a few ... 8-)

Yeah, in general much has changed here and everywhere, I'd say in many respects for the better, as for MOULa more new people and thus a bit more openness for new stuff and such (not always genuine but of necessity, but it's ok also), but of course some things just take more time, seemingly or actually taking almost forever lol ... As LC expressed it quite perfectly and to the point on the MOUL forums recently, there are some reasons and 'issues', I don't go into that here now and you yourself know it maybe better than many, that kept and still keep Uru constantly 'on the edge of viability', which can make passionate and dedicated endeavor to contribute to Uru/MOULa quite a challenge every now and again ... So, having great expectations and visions better goes along with great patience, compassion and perseverance at the same time lol ... I always go with, let's just enjoy it all for as long as everyone wishes to and while we still can, everyone in his/her own way, which is possible in Uru and its creative community in a great variety of ways ... :)
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Mon May 19, 2014 9:43 am

@whilyam: I hope you gain some maturity in the meantime... Knowing you are aged of 25 years old it explains better the young punk you were 4 years ago and the way you "welcomed" me in this community!!!

I very enjoy your ages, especially Fens which is the one the most appealing to my tastes.

I hope you saw that I have imagination, if you still don't see it, I'm sure you'll agree that I have a huge memory!

If you say: "that's harsh what you are writing...", you just collect the fruit of the seed you planted some years ago

Nevertheless, welcome back and let see what your imagination can bring to this community.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Whilyam » Mon May 19, 2014 10:18 am

One of the good things about my time away is that I've forgotten almost everyone who pissed me off. I like to think that I've become a lot more chill over the years. I let the trolls get to me in the past, now I try to just have fun with it. I don't believe in the whole "reaping what you sow". I'm more a fan of breaking the cycle of insults and grudges.

Fens is one of the ages I really look forward to revising. I focused on big Ages in the past, like I think most people do, but now I want to make my Ages slightly smaller, but have more details. Tosholek being an example for size and detail. I want my worlds to be alive.
Whilyam

Postby Afalstein » Mon May 19, 2014 2:04 pm

Whilyam wrote:One of the good things about my time away is that I've forgotten almost everyone who pissed me off. I like to think that I've become a lot more chill over the years. I let the trolls get to me in the past, now I try to just have fun with it. I don't believe in the whole "reaping what you sow". I'm more a fan of breaking the cycle of insults and grudges.

Fens is one of the ages I really look forward to revising. I focused on big Ages in the past, like I think most people do, but now I want to make my Ages slightly smaller, but have more details. Tosholek being an example for size and detail. I want my worlds to be alive.

Really? I love the Fens! Can't wait to see a even more improved version.
Afalstein

Postby Whilyam » Mon May 19, 2014 2:34 pm

Haha. Thank you, that's great to hear. I'm actually working on a revision right now. I want to use the same textures, but give it a more detailed look. Right now, it feels like I'm in a world of massing models. Big low-vertice landscape.

Plus, I think tackling this and making a small detailed Age will keep me from burning out like I did when I was filled with tons of half-baked or quarter-baked ideas.

And, as a side note, I'm loving how quickly this is coming back to me. Just basic Blender stuff and how to get the shapes to do what I want. It's a great feeling. Like getting back on a bicycle after a lifetime of never pedaling.
Whilyam

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion