Introduce Yourself

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby dendwaler » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:44 pm

Did you have any ideas yourself as to what the story or purpose of the age would be?

Yes, and i will inform you by PM.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Darion » Thu May 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I grew up falling in love with myst like many others but mostly from watching an uncle play it when I was little. About 4 years ago I did manage to play the uru singler player version. And recently replayed the original myst by myself as well as riven. So a lot of the story is still a bit hazy. I happened upon the MOUL when I first played uru but never read into it. Now I have returned with a renewed intrest to bring back some nostalgia. I also want to eventually create, or help in createing ages myself. I have basic skill in 3d design, experience in autocad. Most of my actually "beginer" training in 3d modeling was done in early versions of lightwave. I progressed onto blender on my own several years ago, even to the point I started creating a myst creature. I never finished it as I could never figure out of to make the bone stucture work and eventually gave up (I think I might still have the model stashed in a dark corner of my harddrive). I also did a bit of concept art (basic sketches) of other creatures that I would like to use in my age. So yeah not sure exactly where I am going to start. I did read up a bit on the history of MOUL and whatnot. Sounds like it has had a lot of troubles. Is it still running? Can I still play it? What are these Shard games I keep seeing? Different ages within the game? Or a different game entirely? Anyway, despite my inexperience I'm sure with reading enough turtorials I may be able to produce some modeled+textured work.
Darion

Postby Deledrius » Fri May 24, 2013 2:21 am

Welcome, Darion! If you'd like to play with us, you'll find instructions and an installer in the Welcome to Gehn thread. We also have an entire subforum dedicated to building Age content, where people will be happy to answer your questions on that subject.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby avbryce » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:02 am

I'm Avbryce
My first Myst game I played was masterpiece. Since then I have played them all except realmyst, the original myst and riven upon release. This includes Uru. If I was to have a part in all this I would most likely be part of the story or music. I can make awesome tracks that would fit the age if people would send me pictures or a back story. I compose to fit the atmosphere. I have worked like a few other people with halo 4'a extra songs. The first game I played wasn't a myst game or a puzzle game at all, but myst has gotten me into the genre. Even though most of my collection is RPG games I still have that spot on my shelf for the whole myst series. I have played them, completed them, and played them again. I like the soundtracks to riven, and exile the best.
avbryce

Postby Lyrositor » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:32 am

Welcome to the Guild of Writers, avbryce! :)

I understand you're a musician; if that's the case and you want to participate, your best bet might be to contact one of our Age builders and see if they need music for their Ages.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Re: Re-Introducing myself

Postby Shorahmin » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi folks - after a long absence. To sum up, I played them all several times and loved them each time. I also did many other things that we still aren't supposed to talk about I guess.

But to my point. I have installed Ghen but can't get past the spinning dots around the pen. I have Win 7 absolutely up to date. Any thoughts?

Shor
Shorahmin

Postby Chuckles58 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:53 pm

Welcome back, Shoramin!

Here's a link to the latest update for the Gehn shard:
http://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=6146

It worked for me.
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

An Update

Postby Shorahmin » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Well, I get Ghen to Run by Minimizing then Maximizing. Works almost every time. I get spinning dots each age change until I do that. Then I get "The Sound" and the new location. So I guess I can move my posts to other sections now :-)
Shorahmin

Postby ZURI » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:56 pm

It's been a long time, but I'm back. Not really a new member, but this is good a place as anywhere to post. I finally got an internet connection in my new home. Hope you are all well. Apologies for being gone so long. Seems I have a lot to catch up on!
MOULagain KI: 45001
ZURI

Postby dendwaler » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:52 pm

Welcome again zuri!,
Glad you are back.
I wondered what happened that you were gone so suddenly, but you explained.
Happy continuing.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion