Introduce Yourself

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby ZURI » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:04 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome back dendwaler! I'll try not to be a stranger. During my hiatus, we did a lot of behind-the-scenes work. Most of it was optimization and the like. However, there are some new additions. I'll do my best to revive the old Eder Bahreltahn thread with some new stuff.
MOULagain KI: 45001
ZURI

Postby D'eux » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:28 am

Shorah Writers,

Hope everyone is well and it's good to see that the Guild is still thriving.

-: D'eux :-
D'eux

Postby dendwaler » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:14 am

WB D'eux,!

And i hope you still a little longer this time.
Your Artwork is much appreciated it would be great to see some of it realized.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Deledrius » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:24 pm

Welcome back, D'eux. :)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby PenelopeJunius » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi Everyone,
I'm PenelopeJunius; you may have seen me running around like crazy in URU Live, wearing a variety of hats.

Back in the '90s, I bought Myst on CD and loved it. However, I never finished playing it. Meanwhile, I retired from being a corporate librarian and, about 3 months ago, I remembered how much I loved Myst: the music, the graphics, etc. Since I'm a researcher by profession, I found URU Live, created my avatar and began to stumble around my Relto and into some of the Ages. I did a lot of searching and reading and fumbling around in D'ni. Thanks to Sven Groot's "Let's Play URU Live," I was able to make sense of what I was doing and where I was and, of course, now I'm totally hooked . I've been piecing together events since I played Myst when it first came out and have been reading about Riven, Myst III Exile, and the rest of the series. I purchased and downloaded everything Myst-related from Gog.com. I finished the "original" Myst, and am now playing realMyst when I'm not making a marker run in URU Live. I even purchased The Book of Atrus, and others in that series. I recently downloaded some music from URU Live, such as the sad, lovely music in the Kadish Gallery. All this being said, I decided to join the Writer's Guild. I'm a librarian by profession (retired) and my undergraduate is English Literature. I love to write. So the Writer's Guild just made sense. I'd love to be a part of anything that happens be going on in this Guild or in the world(s) of Myst in general. My plan is to read the post and browse the forums and see what's happening.
PenelopeJunius

Postby Daemos » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:05 am

Hi I am Daemos,

I see that I missed Uru going open source but its never late to join in. I have never done any 3D artist stuff expect some meshes for morrowind and quake in milkshape but I tend to learn fast once I get a grip on something. As it has been proven with some assembly coding projects I have led myself into. With the upcomming winter months there will be plenty of time exploring the possibilities for age writing.

During the past few years a friend of mine set up a project to basicly recreate the entire gameplay of uru in morrowind as a giant mod. In there I created many ages that I can now use as a source of inspiration.

I am a musician as well and have a few friends that really know how to create ambient background music. Sound effects and texture creation are also not uncommon to me.

I am currently exploring what I can contribute into uru live and hope to be able to build a age that is cyan worthy in the future.

I see that the posts on this forum are of recent time so I can assume that creation for uru is far from dead. First I need to set up some tools and a proper building enviroment. Once I get things going you will hear from me again :)
Daemos

Postby kaeebonrai » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:43 pm

Hii All! I'm Kae, a 26 year old Australian woman, 3d Artist, and modder of many, many years. Some of you may know me (Hii! =D) but its been years now, and my life has turned itself on its head. =P

I run a little site you might've heard of, Chiso. ( http://chiso.uruslasthope.com ), which is a repo of Uru concept art and early screenshots - Archiving the history of Uru, and attempting to make sense of it. I hope to upgrade Chiso in the future - and I have some updates to the data that I haven't pushed yet, but intend to (including some new shots!) =D

and as for my 3d work? Well... Here's one of my latest models. =P

...and here's my own "mind dump" expressive concept for it:

Good to be here, and time to get cracking on D'ni stuff!

EDIT: Pushed the data update. >.>
kaeebonrai

Postby Annabelle » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:29 am

Hello Hun!

Welcome officially aboard :)

We already met paths before.

And all that time I thought you were British... maybe your accent :lol: Good thing you introduce yourself now, I will be able to correct a mistaken info about your age (Pub) on one of my texts to come for my current project.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby kaeebonrai » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:36 am

*giggles* thank you. XD I'm certainly not quite the person I was back then. A lot less angry at everyone and everything - and better adjusted to life in general. The last few years have been... transformative. =) Good to see you again!
kaeebonrai

Postby janaba » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:44 am

kaeebonrai wrote:*giggles* thank you. XD I'm certainly not quite the person I was back then. A lot less angry at everyone and everything - and better adjusted to life in general. The last few years have been... transformative. =) Good to see you again!

That's what life is for, why we've chosen to come here in the first place, to learn, to grow, being transformed and to remember ... :P

Very nice, though a part of your comment sounds almost dangerous lol ... 'better adjusted to life in general' ... the 'real' and authentic one through better understanding of life and yourself and thus being less angry etc., cause it really makes no sense and changes nothing (in the contrary) etc. or the 'programmed/conditioned' one and thus being better adapted, a better slave, less authentic etc. though I suppose the latter not being the case ... 8-)

As far as I remember you, though we never had that direct contact, you and Whilyam have been very rebellious and angry as you've said, but you've been quite authentic and to the point, while not always trying to meet others expectations and not really caring what others say etc., and this all coupled with a touch of wisdom and a sense of humor ... I liked it ...

One thing I have to admit, I've always thought you were a guy, so I'm nicely surprised to now learn that you're an interesting Australian lady ... Yeah, dearest Kae, I hope it's ok that I felt inspired to 'challenge' you with my former perceptions, though if they'd be only slightly correct you'd realize the appreciation and compliments therein, I also changed a lot and am being transformed constantly (as everybody is of course, consciously or unconsciously) ... So, I'd also say welcome back aboard, as Annabelle proclaimed this already so nicely and just enjoy and make yourself at home again ... :)
janaba

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion