Introduce Yourself

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Anora » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:47 pm

Hello Everyone! I've been playing the MOULa shard for about ten months now. With the servers down, I thought I would take a look at the different shards. So, here I am.

I also have a question. I have friends who are interested in playing on the shard this afternoon. I know they can create an account on here, and download the client, but they wouldn't be able to play without first downloading and updating the MOULa client (which isn't possible right now, obviously), would they?
Anora

Postby Annabelle » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:34 pm

Hi Anora,

I guess if your friends have USB keys with enough room, you can copy your MOULa install (all the folders) onto their keys so they can put it on their computers. MOULa is open-source and free of charge so there's no piracy doing it.

If your friends want to visit Deep Island, you cannot do this, it would be illegal, they must own a copy of URU:CC (CD version or let's say GOG.com version).

----

If I did tell a silly thing, please inform me and I'll delete that post :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby JohnnyS » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:57 pm

Shorah All,

With the MOULa server down it has given me time to join the forums and read about all the good things coming our way.
A little about my past. I started playing Myst in 1995 and was hooked, then Riven in 97, Myst III Exile in 01, URU Ages Beyond Myst in 03, URU CC in 04,
Myst IV Revelation in 04 and finished with Myst V End of Ages in 05. I never got the opportunity to play URU online and by the time I found out about it it was gone. I didn't want to get involved with Game Tap so my hopes of ever playing Myst again were gone. A few months ago I found an app for my iPad. It was Riven for iPad so I played it. Oh how that got my fires burning again to play, so I started looking online and found URU Live MOULa. It is truly wonderful to be back in the cavern, and now with friends!! Now I just need to get a new laptop with Windows 7, currently I have Windows XP and it looks like to play the Gehn Shard you need at least Windows Vista. I look forward to meeting you all!

John S Florida USA
JohnnyS

Postby janaba » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:28 am

Welcome to the Uru/Myst community and the Guild of Writers forums, JohnnyS .. :P

It is indeed time well spent, to look around and inform oneself of what others are up to and working on and of what might be ahead for all of us ... and of course a new laptop with Win7 or 8 will be money well spent lol ... So make yourself familiar with everything and enjoy yourself while roaming through the many avenues old and new created and developed by this community over the years resp. decades until MOULa will be accessible again ... :)
janaba

Postby Zakster » Tue May 24, 2016 7:25 pm

Aloha, I'm Zakster.
Glad to see some awesomeness coming Uru's way. I am a player from way back, and just now found out that it has been brought back. Super Excited!
Can't wait to meet everyone.
Zakster

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu May 26, 2016 1:09 am

welcome - Zakster

I know you will enjoy yourself...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby macadoolahicky » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

New explorer of the Gehn Shard here! You can call me Tim or Mac (macadoolahicky is a strange username that has just stuck with me for some time, so Mac for short).

I've been playing games in the Myst serious as long as I can remember and I've read the Book of Atrus, but it's been limited to stuff officially released by Cyan. This is me getting my first taste of stuff beyond that. With that said, I have a few questions:

1. What are some prime times to explore the cavern? Times that most users are online.

2. This one is a silly one: are users that are logged in through MO:ULa able to play alongside people logged in using Gehn Shard?

~Tim
macadoolahicky

Postby Yali » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:26 pm

Short answer: no.

MOULa and Gehn shard are separate servers.

Personally since MOULa has stopped taking in new accounts and the Cavern has been consistently more or less dead for the past few weeks now I've been coming here since I love the fan content and upgraded graphics and if I'm going to play Uru with virtually no people I might as well do it in the sexy Gehn shard rather than clunky old MOULa. Welcome! I'm hoping the slow death of MOULa will bring new explorers (and old) to Gehn shard as I much prefer it, plus this could lead to the GoW actively developing new content for the shard along with Intangibles (more or less the same people anyways) without needing veto by Cyan (that is assuming MOULa completely gets cut which I'm foreseeing by the way things are going lately with Cavcon 2.0 and Obduction around the corner.)
Yali

Postby Sirius » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:37 am

Yali wrote:I'm hoping the slow death of MOULa will bring new explorers (and old) to Gehn shard as I much prefer it, plus this could lead to the GoW actively developing new content for the shard along with Intangibles (more or less the same people anyways) without needing veto by Cyan (that is assuming MOULa completely gets cut which I'm foreseeing by the way things are going lately with Cavcon 2.0 and Obduction around the corner.)

Personally I don't think MOULa will die (or at least not so quickly). It seems Cyan is in the "Obduction submarine" mode, but I think that after a while they'll get back to Uru - if only to merge a few fix into the engine, fix the account creation issue, review Intangible stuff, etc.
That said, it's true MOULa is quite empty these days, and Gehn has a few fixes that make it really more comfortable than MOUL currently (mostly the 16/9 fix and 60fps). That, and the few new Ages to visit.
Sirius

Postby Sirius Invictus » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:10 am

Greetings guys and gals, i am a newcomer here, i first played myst a long time ago and due to some coincidences i discovered URU, how can i play URU live? Since registering is not supported in the official website, please any thoughts or advice? Thanks for your time.

-Sirius
Sirius Invictus

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion