Prison Age - External Request

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Guild of Maintainers Prison Age

Postby MustardJeep » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:42 am

@Valdez

It's a interesting idea and I would love to help develop it, I would also like to get a hold of splash1 and you to pick your brains a bit for more details. Andylegate and I both have more then a passing familiarity with the software and other members in GoMa have some pretty sharp skills as well. I'm sure we can help develop the details of the Age enough for the Writers to have some fun lending a hand in creating it.

Give a shout on the GoMa forum would you!

MustardJeep
Communications
GoMa - Supporter GuildMaster
MustardJeep

Postby Whilyam » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:50 am

Scripting would be what I'd need help with. I even have an Age of my own you could use. I'll let you know once I've finished.
Whilyam

Postby MustardJeep » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:42 pm

Ok I just bumped into Splash1 in the Cavern and managed to snag a few details about the Age he has in mind.

The Prison Age - It didn't actually start out as a Prison it was meant to be a Garden Age but life didn't go as expected in the Age. Through some happenstance the linking panels to get out were destroyed by rain. He has the idea in mind that the relto books would be blocked/unusable also, but I told him I don't know if that's possible. Plus I kinda doubt Cyan would ever accept a Age doing that. Anyway back to the point Splash1 has a couple rough ideas for the Age as a whole.

The age in general is in a decayed state for the same reasons that the linking books were rendered unusable which leaves a lot of openings for puzzles to be inserted for getting around the broken bits. Currently he has a rough idea about the linkin point, and maybe a linkin chamber like was used in Revelations to limit access. These ideas are centered around a single courtyard about the size of the hood linkin courtyards. The rest of the Age is some what less defined except that it would be floating islands with some railing at the edge so people don't fall off. Like Cyans EoA Prison Age residents the Age would become more of a home for them after a while so the story from that end would be some what similar to elements there.

I asked splash1 to do some rough concept doodles of the linkin courtyard, but he warned me his drawing skills are not the best. Still it doesn't take much to get a rough concept of a Age rolling out. Basic square, oval, circular blender primitive shapes are all a first concept really needs to be to make design easier.
MustardJeep

Postby Nek'rahm » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:20 pm

Alright then, you know where you're going with this :D

Make it rich in detail and a strong Age... but be wary not to tread TOO far into Cyan IP

@Bad: I wasn't intending to make them be discouraged. I'm sorry if it came off that way. I was merely trying to say that they have to be careful of how to both A) Design and B) present the Age as a whole. It needs to be original, bold, and exciting, because that's what a lot of people want to see.

Again, good luck to you. If you need a Concept Artist, I'd be glad to help.
Nek'rahm

Postby MustardJeep » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:46 pm

Thanks like I said Splash1 isn't to confident about his artistic skill so since you offered I'll pass your name along. :D
MustardJeep

Postby Nek'rahm » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:50 pm

Check Artist's board (Do you Dream? (Sehv'ahno concept)), either tonight or tomorrow, a piece of my Concept Art will be up.

Again, sorry for any bad feelings you may have interpreted :(
Nek'rahm

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:51 pm

MustardJeep wrote:He has the idea in mind that the relto books would be blocked/unusable also, but I told him I don't know if that's possible. Plus I kinda doubt Cyan would ever accept a Age doing that.

It can be done and is in fact ridiculously simple. My age Prad (released long ago through UAM) was a prison age and did that.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby MustardJeep » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:21 pm

good to know, I'll pass that along.
MustardJeep

Postby Valdez » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:40 pm

You people have it all mixed up! This is not something that I alerted the GoMa about because this wasn't for the GoMa! This was splash1's idea. And concept art is being taken cared of by Dhelayan, a messenger. But even then I don't know if he will get it in so If you would like to do a few concept sketches I would be glad to see them. I am just organizing this project. Splash is a writer and is the one who had the idea. This was never an official GoMa project. And justin next time i see you I can answer your questions. Everyone clear now? Sorry Geckat if I never told you. :oops:
Fighting, Horrible disposition to others based on beliefs... What's the point anymore? Was there ever a point? Dead is what it is and always will be until peace is achieved through everyone.
Valdez

Postby MustardJeep » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Don't worry to much about it Valdez unlike many Age proposals this one managed to generate some interest. Besides it was fairly clear in the OP.

Scratch your head, wonder what happened, and roll with it. :lol:

Splash didn't mention that Dhelayan was doing the Concept sketches, not to seem dense but as this thread was a bit of a surprise to him; Does he know Dhelayan is doing some concept art for his Age? I ask your pardon for how that sounds. There are some things that Splash1 seemed to want that with encouragement will develop out into a nice little Age with a little work; I'm glad your going to bat for his idea.

Since your in the GoMa - Supporters and already doing it might as well make this official.

Valdez you are the point of contact for us [GoMa] - Supporters to Splash1's Age development team.

MustardJeep
Communications
Guild of Maintainers - Supporters

Cheers! :D

I know you wanted something to do in training but it looks like you found a good project for yourself. Keep us in the loop if you would we will be happy to lend hands and ideas as we are able, have fun.
Last edited by MustardJeep on Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MustardJeep

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion