Cursor in 3D View

Show us what you can do! Let us know how you did it!

Cursor in 3D View

Postby Frits » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:57 am

Is there a way to make the cursor in the 3D View a little more 'visible'? I can't find it in the User Preferences window.
It is now a little lighter then the background color, sometimes hardly visible, especialy with the 'box' command.

Regards,
Frits
Frits

Re: Cursor in 3D View

Postby Jojon » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:32 am

Hmm, assuming that you do not mean the 3D cursor (the polkadot circle), but the lines you draw with the pointer (mouse gesture visbles, select box, knife cut, etc), I can't seem to find it either, but making the background darker works, at least and doesn't seem to drag the "foreground" line pen along, down into the depths... :7
Jojon

Postby Aloys » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:44 am

I agree the regular grey cursor is very annoying.. I had to work on a laptop a couple months ago which had a poor quality screen and I could hardly seen it.. I ended up using the Windows 'Ctrl trick' to locate the cursor. It's something that draws a red circle around your cursor when you press the 'Ctrl' key.
It's in the in the Mouse settings panel, in the Cursor panel there's a option called something like "Display the cursor position when I press the Ctrl key".
Aloys

Postby Jojon » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:19 am

Doh! You meant the mouse pointer... *bashes self over the head*

Ok, assuming you're on Windows, that is the standard "precision select" pointer and can be replaced in the windows mouse control panel. Pure XOR pointers works less well in the medium gray range than in others. The "cross_r*" range among the pointers included with your win installation are black with a white outline and should be well visible in any situation.
Jojon

Postby Aloys » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:55 am

Very nice find! I'll go change mine right now.
Even with a good monitor the grey cross cursor isn't so great..
Thanks for that tip. :)
Aloys

Postby Frits » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:35 am

Thanks for the tip, I changed the pointer into cross_r.cur, very good visible now.

Regards,
Frits
Frits

Return to Tips and Showcase