Tyion's (WIP Age) Ji'runa

Show us what you can do! Let us know how you did it!

Re: Ty's-WIP-Age

Postby Harrison Pink » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:57 pm

Hey Ty, i really like your age so far! I also like to work in Maya. Any idea how to export from Maya and import into Blender? :D
Harrison Pink

Postby ardent red » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:14 pm

Harrison, I'm not a Maya user, but I imagine that there's an export option under the menu which you save from. Click on export and choose .obj (the buttons may be different, or in a different layout. this is my Blender-centric idea of how it SHOULD work :P). Then, fire up Blender, choose import>.obj and click OK! I'm not sure if this preserves texturing, but it should be simple enough to re-texture in Blender.

Nice work Ty! I like all the detailing- it really does look like a real place (except for the rendering method used. but that doesn't matter, it's still great)!
ardent red

Postby Tyion » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:35 am

ardent red wrote:Harrison, I'm not a Maya user, but I imagine that there's an export option under the menu which you save from. Click on export and choose .obj (the buttons may be different, or in a different layout. this is my Blender-centric idea of how it SHOULD work :P). Then, fire up Blender, choose import>.obj and click OK! I'm not sure if this preserves texturing, but it should be simple enough to re-texture in Blender.

Nice work Ty! I like all the detailing- it really does look like a real place (except for the rendering method used. but that doesn't matter, it's still great)!

This methed works well, except you will have to re-size everything. I have not tinkered much with Blenders interface so I dont know if you can hit a button that will make everything appeare as is. (Exporting is a tricky thing)

PS-Thanks guys I'm glade you like the Age so far.

PSS-indeed the rendering could be better. :)
Tyion

Postby Dot » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:52 am

Ty, these screenshots look enticing. I hope we'll be able to visit your Age soon. Good luck with your Writing! :)
Dot

Postby Tyion » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:09 pm

Dot wrote:Ty, these screenshots look enticing. I hope we'll be able to visit your Age soon. Good luck with your Writing! :)

Thank you Dot. :)
Tyion

Previous

Return to Tips and Showcase