Serene

Show us what you can do! Let us know how you did it!

Serene

Postby andylegate » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:08 pm

I just added an Age to the ULM: Serene

Was practice for the RAD contest. Enjoy.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Re: Serene

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:45 am

:o that is awesome!!! and you got particles working... will that be in the next PyPRP? :D
Justintime9

Postby andylegate » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:03 am

No idea. I hope so. I got it put in the Age by using PageEdit and PRCC, AND PRPExplorer ....was NOT easy to do. For a while there it was only a narrow strip of snow fall....but I found a way to fix that. I'm making a tutorial in the Age Development part of the GoMa.
andylegate

Postby diafero » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:50 am

Indeed that's great :shock: - congratulations!
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Grogyan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:13 pm

I wish you could have seen my face when I linked in, my jaw just hit the ground.

Truly amazing, if this was just an experiment, can't wait to see what you came up with for RAD3.

The textures are perfect, did you draw those from scratch with GIMP?

The howling wind and the dogs, immediately brought up images of my own home of the same thing, I guess you got the mic out when they started.

And the particles, they are just wonderful,

While I was around I had a look at all the other Ages, and they are very very good
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby andylegate » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:41 am

The textures on the book stands came from the Watchers Pub of course, those are Cyans, as the whole book stand is! :D Couldn't resist after.

Some of the textures come from Genetica, many of the others come from the Modding communities that I hang out at, ones for Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, but also from many months back, as I have been collecting textures since I started Age Creation....hence the upgrade from a 160 GB hard drive to a 500 GB hard drive this past spring..hehe.

3 of the models were donated by friends of mine: The temple, Helmet and Katana. Those had to be reworked by me as the scaling was off.

The 3 trees, which I just noticed the collision is off on them, grrr...I made with that program.....er python scripting...hang on have to go look up the name. Grrr...can't find it now, but it was one of those links in the Wiki for making plants and trees.
I'd KILL if we could use SpeedTree and I could afford it!
andylegate

Postby Chacal » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:17 pm

Lovely garden Age. Very relaxing.

Perhaps add some fog in order to mask the tree tops, like Whilyam did in Fens.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Jojon » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:37 am

I don't know about relaxing -- more "relaxing" as in: "whew, I got into the eye of the storm and away from the killer dogs, for now."

I get the sense of this place as being inside the only stand of tall trees (and a small one, at that) on a vast snowstorm-ravaged steppe -- serene and disconcerting at the same time, which makes it very Cyan-y. Either way it's beatiful - love the vegetaion lining the clearing. :)
Jojon

Postby andylegate » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:06 pm

Thanks guys, I appriciate the comments, especially yours Chacal. I borrowed the fog setting from Direbo in Myst V.....I THINK the reason the canopy is so visable is I may have No Mist set on it...I'll have to go back and look at that, but you're right, it needs to be a bit more foggy up there.

I've already been pm'ed by people demanding that I make the Age bigger (open up the trees to a path leading to some other areas).....which I might do, but I got to get through this RAD contest first.....tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, only like 7 days left and I still have to finish all sorts of things with my RAD: lights, sounds, plants....particles.....aaaaaarrrrrhhhg! Someone call someone and make the day more than 24 hours please???
andylegate

Postby greendragoon » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:42 pm

Remember that in several Cyan worlds, they would vertex-paint the alpha of an object to give it the disappearing of an object into the fog. A good example of this is in Relto.
Robert "greendragoon" Starbuck
As Long as there is MORE,
I will explore.
And as long as my Relto shelf is unfilled,
I will build.
greendragoon

Location: Stuck in Indiana because the cavern door is locked.

Next

Return to Tips and Showcase