Chain letter age

Show us what you can do! Let us know how you did it!

Re: Chain letter age

Postby Perlenstern » Tue May 05, 2009 3:31 am

Yes that could be another way.
I prefer the way of voice chat, because it is easier to speak in english then to write in english, because I come from germany and often there are missing the right words in my mind. But i try to be in the chat on saturday.

Perlenstern
Carpe Noctem
Ages:Wianeroy, Sound Garden
Perlenstern

Postby Justintime9 » Tue May 05, 2009 11:42 am

I think Skype would be the easiest for me, although I'm not sure if Saturday is good.
Justintime9

Postby Jojon » Tue May 05, 2009 12:31 pm

Some of us keep forgetting words in our own languages, even. (..oh, just me, huh? mwaaah...:7)

Written words does allow you a while to think and maybe reconsider, before delivering them - perhaps voice options can be discussed on Saturday.

I'll be there for the Saturday thing (unless something comes up - standard disclaimer) and fill in Justin on what was said, afterwards, if he can't make it -- next turn is his, after all.

Remember that the IRC channel is always there, any time there is anything you feel the need to ask another writer about, for all that people may be Away-From-Keyboard most of the time. :) No need to wait for preappointed times.

Also; for teams who want to chat in cofidence on their projects, creating a new "chat room" is as easy as typing "/join mynewchannel". (That would be projects that are actually defined, unlike ours... :9)

I think I'll take the opportunity to promote my favourite Blender hotkey: the numeric keyboard decimal divider (comma or period, depending on your nationality). :9 This one centers- and zooms the view in on the current selection. I use it so much, I've assigned it to the thumb button o'me new mouse.
Now, if this Logitech remapping software only allowed for keyboard-qualified mousebuttons - then I could have rotate and pan view on wheeltilt left and right, respectively... :7
Thinking too loud, am I? :7
Jojon

Postby Justintime9 » Wed May 06, 2009 3:14 am

I guess that'd be fine. I just can't be on one around 3:00-3:30, and anytime after 6:00. Any other time, I'm pretty sure is free.
Justintime9

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Wed May 06, 2009 5:13 am

Just to be clear, Justin: the US time of the meeting will be 11 am Eastern/8 am Pacific, for example. I'm not sure where you live, but I didn't want you to miss the meeting due to a time conversion snafu.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Jojon » Wed May 06, 2009 11:15 am

Also, if it's just an hour delay, or so, that you need, no doubt Robert's proposed time is negotiateable -- UTC 15:00 is late afternoon/early evening here in Europe, summertime adjusted, so I'm sure most of us here can afford some flexibility. :7
Jojon

Postby Justintime9 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:49 am

If it's at 11:00 EST, then I should be able to make it :D
Justintime9

Postby ametist » Thu May 07, 2009 11:58 am

Good idea! :) I'll do my best to join!
ametist

Postby ardent red » Fri May 08, 2009 4:35 pm

I know this is a little late, but I'd love to contribute to the age! I won't be able to turn up at the group chat, though.
ardent red

Postby Jojon » Sat May 09, 2009 12:34 am

ardent red wrote:I know this is a little late, but I'd love to contribute to the age! I won't be able to turn up at the group chat, though.

It is never too late! Welcome and my thanks for becoming one of us; come play with us, Red, come play with us, forever... err.. :P

On another note:

On a very sudden impulse, I just signed a new rent contract and will be moving house the coming few days. Apparently the provider of my ADSL connection wants *eight* days, on top of the address change for the phone line, to complete the transfer, assuming the station at the new address even supports DSL.

This means Justin may find himself with some extra time, when his turn comes (unless Rob snatches the additional days from under his nose :P) and that I may be a bit slow responding. I doubt this will upset anybody, but anyways. :7

I'll still be around this evening, listening to y'all. :)
Jojon

PreviousNext

Return to Tips and Showcase