Chain letter age

Show us what you can do! Let us know how you did it!

Re: Chain letter age

Postby Jojon » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:12 pm

Ok, I can't put it off any further, I suppose... :P
The top post now has links updated to release 0.21 of Rell-Too.

A couple of contributors found themselves short of time and decided to stand their turns, which left myself next in line.

I made the mistake of trying to sort out and put some sort of system to the transparences in the age. After an eternety of that, I have decided to admit defeat -- I have stopped tangling with passindex values and instead stuffed many of the "world", "background" objects directly into "early" spans, which should prevent them from X-raying their way into view.
It seems to work ok, for now, but give it some time... ;)

There is a new dev commentary mode available, although there are not yet any devs commenting - I'm hoping for that to change. :)

There is what was going to become a little quick two-player game, but I couldn't figure out any game mechanics that were decent. I'll leave the prototype object in there, in the hope somebody else has better ideas.

..and then there is temporarily a little something, for which I blame Ametist... ;)

Next up is Keiya, assuming we haven't lost the entire "staff" over the past months, then Corvus.
Attachments
Rell-too_shot_021.jpg
Oh yeah? Well I've got a comment for you!
Rell-too_shot_021.jpg (35.02 KiB) Viewed 4890 times
Jojon

Postby Corvus » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:31 am

The commentary mode is a great new feature for Relltoo. Hopefully many of the devs will make use of it.

The game device really spooked me when clicking it the first time, but it's hilarious. :lol: Would be really nice if we could find a way to make a game of it.

I also like the day/night cycle very much, especially the night sky with the glittering stars.

Thank you Jojon for keeping Relltoo alive.
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Postby keiya » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:39 am

Oh uh... Um, yeah... I don't even have Uru installed anymore. >_> Yeahhh, uh, might be better for it to pass on to Corvus or something >_>
keiya

Postby dendwaler » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:35 pm

Yeahhh, uh, might be better for it to pass on to Corvus or something

How, can anyone become "involved"

May be I also can add some to the age.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Jojon » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:05 am

That's ok, keiya. I am terribly sorry for the turnover time, which certainly leaves some to be desired. :P
Thanks for your participation, even though we never got to you in time and have fun with whatever you are doing now and who knows; maybe we'll see you again, sometime later. :7

Corvus is up, then, assuming she has time on her hands; then Perlenstern.

@dendwaler: Can I take that as you volunteering? Just confirm and I'll sign you up -- would be delighted to have you. :)
Jojon

Postby Corvus » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:07 am

Hi, Dendwaler! It would be nice to have you on our team. Joining is easy. Just post here that you want to be part of the team. The first post of this thread has some more information: Chain letter age

There are also 2 download links, one for the age files and one for the project files. They contain lots of information about the project as well as the Blenderfile and everything else you need.

Or you can visit the latest version of Relltoo and listen to an audio message from Jojon. I'd be glad to step back for you, as I'm busy with other stuff right now.

Edit: Just saw that you posted 2 minutes before me, Jojon. :lol:
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Postby Jojon » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:33 am

I'll hold back on sending you the usual PM, then, Corvus and see what dendwaler decides, before moving on. If you wish, I can drop your name down a place or two, in the list, if you still want to catch a turn, this round.

Current policy is to insert new contributors as next in line (used to be last in line), unless they prefer some time to collect their bearings -- just so that they don't run out of excitement waiting. (kind of like keiya, here, whom I failed badly :7)

Perlenstern, by the way: Are you still around? If so; you are either next, or second to next in turn. Is that ok with you?
Jojon

Postby Luna » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:04 am

Jojon wrote:Perlenstern, by the way: Are you still around? If so; you are either next, or second to next in turn. Is that ok with you?

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25104
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby dendwaler » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:38 am

Can I take that as you volunteering? Just confirm and I'll sign you up

Yes, ok, I don't know what yet, but i will come up with something.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Corvus » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:26 am

@ Luna

Thank you for notifying. This is very sad...

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

PreviousNext

Return to Tips and Showcase