Chain letter age

Show us what you can do! Let us know how you did it!

Re: Chain letter age

Postby ametist » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:13 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Perle! Her ages was great fun to visit and I have great memories of playing them together with her and others.

Glad to welcome dendwaler into the Rel-Too team though! And thanks Jojon for all yuor hard work! You always come up with good surprises :)
ametist

Postby Jojon » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:52 pm

Well, I am going send you a PM now then, Dendwaler, after the sad news about Perlenstern.

If you feel you need some more time to think or find free time, just reply to it and say so; then I'll move you one place down the line, move on to Robert the Rebuilder and get back to you again, after he is done.

We still have Robert around, I hope?
Jojon

v0.22 and onwards!

Postby Jojon » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:21 am

I have uploaded a mini-update, which simply adds a little something to one of Perlenstern's crystals, in honour of her memory.

When it comes to the next immediate step for the age, I think I will try a little experiment:

This is the current list of active contributors:

... Jojon
... Robert the rebuilder
... Dendwaler
... Corvus
... Ametist
... Rize
... Justintime9
... Core43

Robert the Rebuilder was to be next, but it appears the age-building community may sadly have lost him, other than in his administrative function, at the Ahra Pahts city council human resources department.

This time, instead of PM:ing each member in turn and waiting for a response between each, I am putting out a public call, right here, for estimations from upcoming contributors, on when (and if) they might have some time at hand, which they'd be in the mood to sacrifice to take a turn.

Just post right here in the thread and then we'll see whether we can puzzle together a solution that suits everybody. :)

EDIT: Note that your estimations are in no way binding.
Attachments
Rell-too_shot_022.jpg
Shine on, you crazy diamond.
Rell-too_shot_022.jpg (20.55 KiB) Viewed 6141 times
Last edited by Jojon on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jojon

Postby diafero » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:14 am

I just uploaded the latest version to the Deep Island :)
In the 7z archvie, there are two sound files that the age does not actually use, so you could leave them away: clicking.ogg and rellChant.ogg.

Btw, if you want a short custom text to appear in the Rell-too book on Relto (like, for example, in the Crowthistle or GEOLOGICA books), just send it to me :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jojon » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:37 am

Oops! I actually thought I had left those out... Next time, next time...

On that note; I tend to frown at the many megabytes of unused content, that often winds up part of release distributions of many games -- "sloppy practices" I think to myself....

Ah, Mr.Kettle! We meet again.

:)

Hmm...

"Want to be dictator for a day? Then come write a page in the book of Rell-Too, the chain letter age!"

How does that sound as a descriptive text, everybody?
Let's hear your suggestions! :)
Jojon

Postby diafero » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:09 am

It's a text that is displayed for the explorers linking there, and usually describes the age in short terms... for example, for Bimevi:
A savannah surrounded by rocky walls within a calm atmosphere. Palm trees provide some shade and a small pool barely stirs in the sun. But beware - don't drink its water!

But of course you can advertise for new writers :D

(and before someone asks, this offer is naturally open to all ages, and in no way restricted to Rell-too - just like book covers, some ages still don't have one :D )

Oops! I actually thought I had left those out... Next time, next time...
I will remind you if the files are still in there :) (or other orphaned sound files, for that matter... my dataserver generation script actually refuses to continue as long as such files are present)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby dendwaler » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:39 am

Well, its nearly my turn now to add a bit to the Chain letter age .
I had something in my mind and was already working on it , but this weekend i decided to do something completely different.
That decision came after i saw conceptual artwork on the Moul forum.
I saw it and thought Wow,...... I can do that!

And after two days of work , I have the model ready.
I expect the texturing will take me one or two weeks depending on my social live.

Because i am a bit proud on this one I spoil my addition now with some renders. :D

Those who want to see it are invited to open the spoiler tab.

Show Spoiler
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Rabenschwinge » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:48 am

Wow! That´s great!

It´s the
Show Spoiler

isn´t it?
Rabenschwinge

Postby Jojon » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:24 pm

Ah, what the heek... I'll spoiler-tag... just in case. :P
Show Spoiler
Jojon

Postby dendwaler » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:58 am

A bit late, but thx for the welcomes I received on joining the Relltoo team.

I think the relltoo concept of a chainletter age is a good one, its surprizing, gives lots of freedom for the writer,
It offers insights in how other writers solved their problems and it learns the newcomer different technics, Though it might be a bit overwhelming for the absolute beginner to see the long alcscript , subworlds, visional regions etc., the help you can get is great and it returns you knowledge.
So if there are more writers who want to join, don't hesitate and do it....!
You won't regret.!

I have just finished my first addition, you already know what you can expect.
I uploaded the new file to Jojon, and he already let me know he is playing with it.
He has to change a few things, before it's ready for the public, but normaly within a week it will be done.

I hope you all like it, and i start to think what to do the next round.

bye, have fun!
denDwaler
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

PreviousNext

Return to Tips and Showcase