Kaelis' Pub Office

Show us what you can do! Let us know how you did it!

Re: Kaelis' Pub Office

Postby andylegate » Fri May 21, 2010 6:57 am

Uhm, just a suggestion, and I'm sure you're using it, but:

Since the imager is suppose to be a 3D sound, have you tried adjusting your min and max distance? I've got mine set to min to 1 so when you're withing a foot of the imager the sound file volume is the max permitted.
My max is set to 45 feet, and it gets quite quiet before I get to the cut off distance.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby kaelisebonrai » Fri May 21, 2010 7:00 am

Yep, doing pretty much exactly that. =)

45 is max distance, even, for the two smaller ones, the larger one is actually smaller than that, due to it being very close to the central room. =)

I'm using the default sound level (max on everything) as this is probably the most sensible thing to target. =) (at least, uru sets it to that when I hit "defaults")
kaelisebonrai

Postby kaelisebonrai » Fri May 21, 2010 8:41 am

She's not done yet, but....

(click the image for a larger shot)

>.>
kaelisebonrai

Postby ametist » Fri May 21, 2010 9:45 am

8-) Cool!!
ametist

Postby diafero » Fri May 21, 2010 9:48 am

I found the previous version completely find, wrt music. Hopefully it's not too quiet now...
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby kaelisebonrai » Fri May 21, 2010 10:21 am

diafero wrote:I found the previous version completely find, wrt music. Hopefully it's not too quiet now...

It might be a lot quieter, yes... sadly, I have to shoot for the default settings as my target :<

I had it on insanely low volume levels, and.. then hit default, and it nearly blew me away :<
kaelisebonrai

Postby diafero » Sat May 22, 2010 5:12 am

Well, I am speaking about default settings ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sat May 22, 2010 5:26 am

well, then it shouldn't be too bad... I hope. =P
kaelisebonrai

Postby kaelisebonrai » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:58 am

Ahoy there. bottles are waiting on some stuff, but, other than that, I'm thinking about doing a new release with a cannen, instead of background music... Its just a case of... well, feeling interested enough in Uru to do it. >.> I'm... A little frustrated with things, of late, so no real drive to update and do new releases. =/

I've also got a rather major project (uru related) to do, which I've not been doing, as well. Generally burnt out... Maybe I'll see something awesome in Star Trek Online that will inspire me. >.> Already seen a couple of things that seemed a bit interesting (and I've taken screenshots, for later viewing, too)

I have some ideas for expanding the pub, but.. I'm not entirely sure I want to do that. We'll see.

Something that I've wanted to do since early on in the pub's development, is have a link (via an intermediate Age), or a door out into a 'hood. I'm leaning more towards a Link, now. I've wanted to do the Sine Waves Neighborhood since.. well.. since a /very/ long time. =) It was the first thing I wanted to do, other than make a way to make my Relto more like Phil's.

I have things that make it a /lot/ easier to do this, now, so, perhaps I'll end up doing it. =)
kaelisebonrai

Postby kaelisebonrai » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:54 am

Well, well, well. (Three holes in the ground!)

If I remember when I get home, I'll be uploading the render and current model of the cannen I'm working on. >.>

The stuff the bottles are waiting on still hasn't happened, yet. >.>

Sine Waves Neighborhood? That's starting to get off the ground, thanks to the excellent talents of Tsahl. >.>

Stuff is happening again, crazy, eh?
kaelisebonrai

PreviousNext

Return to Tips and Showcase