Chamassa

Show us what you can do! Let us know how you did it!

Chamassa

Postby I.Brattin » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:23 am

I put aside Aquh for a moment. And have been working on a new age, called Chamassa. This is an explorer written age, that at one time was inhabited but isn't now. As will be evidenced by the buildings when finished being modeled.

You will link in to Island One where the village will be. There will be a few buildings in disrepair on the island. Island two, which is reached by a bridge, has a large building and a windmill, so far. The explorer thinks the building may have been used for food storage hence the nearby windmill.

This will be the explorer's home age. Here, when I have learned how to add books, you will find his journal and linking books to my other ages as they are completed.
Attachments
KIimage0005.jpg
KIimage0005.jpg (32.55 KiB) Viewed 9423 times
KIimage0006.jpg
KIimage0006.jpg (32.73 KiB) Viewed 9423 times
KIimage0007.jpg
KIimage0007.jpg (32.7 KiB) Viewed 9423 times
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

Re: Chamassa

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Interesting story. I like the architecture of the larger building, sort of influenced by mid-19th century North American octagonal homes with a touch of Russian wooden architecture. Like the old Intercessian Church on the Vytegra River.

[I'm not really that into architecture - I owe it all to Wikipedia.]
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby I.Brattin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:35 pm

Well I have been working all day on this age. I expect in the next day or two I will be ready to release.

The images attached are of one of the buildings from the village, An Archway by the bridge (there is actually one on each end of the bridge), and a generator.

You can see the wording very well on the generator in the picture, but it says Sacs Nuclear Generator. :lol: I think the explorer went overboard on his electricity needs.

In a couple of the images it looks like there is snow on the ground, that is correct. In fact the water surrounding the islands is frozen over.
Attachments
KIimage0017.jpg
KIimage0017.jpg (70.56 KiB) Viewed 9376 times
KIimage0016.jpg
KIimage0016.jpg (63.27 KiB) Viewed 9376 times
KIimage0015.jpg
KIimage0015.jpg (65.36 KiB) Viewed 9376 times
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
I.Brattin

Postby I.Brattin » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:39 am

Well I was going to release today or tomorrow till Blender crashed during export causing me to loose two hours worth of work.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
I.Brattin

Postby Corvus » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:00 am

Did you look for the automatic save Blender does? I found those files in my tmp folder, they are named by 4 digit numbers (some only 3). You can identify the file by the date that you can see when the mouse pointer is over it. In some cases I was lucky and the save was done shortly before the crash.
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Postby I.Brattin » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:03 pm

No I didn't look at those. Shoot I didn't even know where they were stored till I started poking around in Blender. Good thing is it saved moments before it crashed, thank goodness. I didn't want to have to redo all that work.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
I.Brattin

Postby I.Brattin » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:31 pm

I know I said I would probably release yesterday or today, and I would have if not for the fact that I decided at the last minute to redo the islands. Therefor it will probably be another day or two while I work on those before a release happens. I do expect to release something this week, preferably before the downtime Thursday night..
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
I.Brattin

Postby I.Brattin » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Chamassa v1.0 is now available for download from here.

As you can see below there have been changes and additions and somethings remain from earlier images I have shown ya. If you look in the distance past the Windmill you will see the Volcano. Quite different from how it appeared before. You will see the bridge, a new addition to the age. And for the first time you can see the village. Right now all but one of the buildings are inaccessible except by flymode. I had intended to put in ladders with this release but the ladders failed to work for some odd reason. I will try again before the next release, I also intend to work on the interior of the library also before the next release.

When you enter the age you arrive at the backside of the village. The Archs on the otherside of the village I am thinking of replacing. There is a texture issue I can't figure out.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
I.Brattin

Postby ddb174 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:37 pm

It's on UAM now, thanks!
ddb174

Postby I.Brattin » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:49 pm

Update. Did away with Archs. Got tired of the texture anomolies. Added another island with a Pyramid on it. My IC Explorer, Jayden, believes this building may have been used for government. While the Food Storage Building has been turned into a Library. The Pyramid building has been turned into Jayden's living quarters.

Working on some texture issues. Looking at replacing the cliffs, probably with a Mountain range similar to that on Aquh. Also there is something wrong with my lights. After so far of a distance everything fades to black, even the skydome can't be seen unless your right up next to it. I have to figure out whats wrong and fix the lighting issue.

Once those issues are fixed I will make another release.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
I.Brattin

Next

Return to Tips and Showcase