The Sine Waves Neighbourhood

Show us what you can do! Let us know how you did it!

The Sine Waves Neighbourhood

Postby kaelisebonrai » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Well, not a whole lot to show right now... but, for some time I've been pondering doing a new Neighbourhood location, which in the past, I've referred to as "The Sine Waves Neighbourhood" due to its original idea being for a small private IRC network which has a few Myst/Uru fans in it, including the guy who originally introduced me to Myst and Uru. It was essentially the IC 'hood of the members of Sine who have come to D'ni.

Not sure if it'll remain the Sine Waves Neighbourhood, but, I'm definitely planning on doing the neighbourhood.

I've been working with Mister Cloak a bit with his D'ni Fortress 2 map, mainly just putting together one of the Lights, and I also plan on using said lights in the 'hood, too.

Here's the current version of the one I'm working on at the moment.

http://ebonrai.com/co/wp-content/upload ... mp-mk7.png

EDIT: sorry, lost my train of thought --

Anyways, to continue, I'm attempting to have a new layout for the 'hood, as well. Linger has been helping with some concept work, which is awesome, and very, very helpful, too.

However, I'm not entirely sure on how to lay it out still. Linger has made one layout design, but, I'm still horribly stuck. Still trying to find that magical "spark" of inspiration.
kaelisebonrai

Re: The Sine Waves Neighbourhood

Postby kaelisebonrai » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:13 am

just to bring everyone up to date, really. This is on indefinite hold, however, Tsahl produced some new concepts (previous concept work was done by Linger)

The concept is in its early stages and this is only a "badly scanned doodle" of the design in progress - However, I don't believe this will be going forward.

http://guildofartisans.org/uruages/sine ... -tsahl.jpg

Just an update to show you were this was at. If I feel the need to model things for plasma again - this will probably be what I'll work on. I just can't stand opening up blender and working on plasma stuff, anymore. =)
kaelisebonrai

Re: The Sine Waves Neighbourhood

Postby nathan2055 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:17 pm

WOW! I'm not the only one who wants to see other 'hoods than Bevin, Seret, DRC, and Kirel!
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Return to Tips and Showcase