Age Prototype of "Tahwah"

Show us what you can do! Let us know how you did it!

Re: Age Prototype of "Tahwah"

Postby BAD » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:15 pm

Simply amazing work guys. I am so impressed I can barely think of anything to say. Go figure. :D
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby Jojon » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:52 pm

Dude!

..like...

Dude!
Jojon

Postby Chacal » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:30 pm

Robert The Rebuilder wrote:diafero: The English phrase "behind the scenes" may be what you're looking for.

Actually, I think he means "outside the box".

The.Modificator: This is as awesome as it is scary. As soon as someone starts thinking "hey, this can't possibly work!", it will all crash and burn. :)

(It's the same as with an airliner. If one passenger starts thinking "hey, this thing can't possibly be flying", then it will crash. That's why they distract us with movies during the flight.)

Anyway, this is simply stunning and it opens the door for so many new ideas!

But, what if an explorer uses "Save Age as..." and types "Earth"?
Poof!
:D
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby ametist » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:41 am

Thank you so much for sharing this astunning work!! Fantastic what you wizards can do!! You've raised the level of possibilities in age-creating that's for certain /thumbsup

As always I wish I understood what you're talking about , but I don't :D I just enjoy! :)

I hope it's ok I show this to my students in my 'blender-class'? I'm sure I'm going to see a lot of dropped jaws 8-). Since I'm just a very mediocre agebuilder myself, I have to use others as role-models for the kids 8-)
ametist

Postby Egon » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:22 am

The.Modificator wrote:The age "Tahwah" itself uses a lot of Python code that is closely tied with the PRP files. I used a custom PyPRP version (the 1.6 release with some modified code) and PrpShop to compile the age. It makes a lot of use of GUI dialog elements (like the GUI Clickable Map) and Dynamic Maps.

According this page ther is no support for GUI button in PyPRP plugin now.
In the light of above sentence: would it be possible (and if so: when?) to add GUI buttons support in PyPRP ?
Egon #2052375
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon
Egon

Postby diafero » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:36 am

Actually, I think he means "outside the box".
Exactly, that's what I meant, thanks :)

According this page ther is no support for GUI button in PyPRP plugin now.
In the light of above sentence: would it be possible (and if so: when?) to add GUI buttons support in PyPRP ?
There are several branches in SVN which do have button support: Chloe's, Paradox' and the one by The.Modificator. However, as far as I know, nobody merged this into the main PyPRP yet.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Metabasalt1 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:07 pm

This is absolutely fascinating...but some questions. As the age is generated does the player have to give a name to the generated age? How is the issue of sequence prefix numbers handled? Does Tahwah handle that, or does the player have to specify a number?
Thanks for a job well done!
Meta
Metabasalt1

Postby Aloys » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:33 pm

On a totally unrelated note: if you had released that video today nobody would have believe it was real. :P
Aloys

Postby Egon » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:58 pm

Metabasalt1 wrote:This is absolutely fascinating...but some questions. As the age is generated does the player have to give a name to the generated age? How is the issue of sequence prefix numbers handled? Does Tahwah handle that, or does the player have to specify a number?
Thanks for a job well done!
Meta

As far I can understand from description: generated age is always overwriting "generatedage.age", so there is no problem with prefixes and name of a "new" age.
It's in fact always the same age, only terrain is being change.
Last edited by Egon on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egon #2052375
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon
Egon

Postby diafero » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:46 am

Aloys wrote:On a totally unrelated note: if you had released that video today nobody would have believe it was real. :P

Yeah, I thought about that, too :lol:

@Metabasalt, Egon: Egon is right, currently it's just the same age, with the same name and the same prefix, all the time.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Tips and Showcase