CraterMoon

Show us what you can do! Let us know how you did it!

CraterMoon

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:08 pm

Well, this is one of my 1st Ages, so it is indeed a bit crude, but it's the best age I've done so far, so I hope to see what you think... I'm lazy, so I didn't provide any screenshots :P but the Age Files are here; http://www.mediafire.com/?0jvscxi0syo tell me what you think :D. I call it "CraterMoon" at this point, be carefull of the craters if you don't have flymode (I don't so it's hard for me to investigate :P) It's basically a Moon type age, with a very thin atmosphere, there are craters filled with Ice, Water, and bones. The Water you can actually swim in, but the bones, and Ice you can only run on... I will have to put in ladders to get out of the craters, and this age is sort of pointless so far, but it looks cool, and sometime I will add a Link in Hut, and some Modern Lugsuries suchh as, ladders, fences, and buildings. Pleese tell me what you think, and what bugs and problems you have. and perhaps how to fix them :P (I'm still a beginner)
Justintime9

Re: CraterMoon

Postby Kierra » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:45 pm

Not a bad start :)

Some of your normals need to be flipped the correct way, and the ground is slippery. It has potential, thats for sure :D

~Kia
Kierra

Postby Justintime9 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:08 pm

:D great... well first of all, which normals, (what surface needs to be flipped) and second, how do i adjust the friction? o, and sometimes when I try to make a sphere (for the sky) big enough to surround the whole age, a big hole opens up in the middle of it!!!! At first I thought it just looked bad, and it would be fine in URU, but I was wrong... how can I keep that stupid hole from opening in my UV Spheres? :P
Justintime9

Postby Nadnerb » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:33 pm

The "hole" is probably caused by the clip distance. To set it in uru, change the line in the fni file.
Code: Select all
Graphics.Renderer.Setyon 10000

That puts the clip plane at 10000, if it's still there, make the number bigger. ;)

For the friction add the string property:
col_flags5 00000044

To all the surfaces you plan to walk on.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Chacal » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:13 pm

Isn't the rc property sufficient?
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Nadnerb » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:15 pm

No, you can set rc to 500 and still slide. The only way to get full instant stop is to use those col flags. Technically, they "disable friction".
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Kierra » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:21 pm

As for normals being flipped the wrong way, you'll have to ferret those out yourself.

In blender, have your object selected in edit mode. Then press F9 to bring up the Editing panel. Under Mesh Tools 1 make sure you have the "draw normals" button pressed. If you have it turned on, little cyan colored lines should appear on your mesh. Whichever way the cyan line is pointing is the way the face is turned. If it is facing the wrong direction, select the face, hit space>Edit>Normals>Flip

You can play around with "recalculate outside"/"Recalculate inside" as well, but you often can get mixed results, depending up on what you want to happen.

Good luck :)

~Kia
Kierra

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:26 am

The "hole" is probably caused by the clip distance. To set it in uru, change the line in the fni file.

Graphics.Renderer.Setyon 10000

That puts the clip plane at 10000, if it's still there, make the number bigger. ;)

Um... What the heek do u mean? I'm very much of a beginner, I know very little of the terms... could u pleese say that again, in english? lol
Justintime9

Postby Kierra » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:47 am

Try this Tutorial for fni settings.

You can also get rid of you fog there if you'd like

~Kia
Kierra

Postby Nadnerb » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:30 am

uhm. the fni file. It'll be AgeName.fni

Open it with urutweak and change the line I pointed out. Or, you can use blender's internal text editor to generate it during export.

check the tutorial: http://alcugs.almlys.org/wiki/index.php/FniSettings

Edit: Kierra fast. :?
Nadnerb

Next

Return to Tips and Showcase